Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Karaoke in Pubs

Default Karaoke in Pubs

Hi all

Quick question, we will have our Business set up and ready to go in around 2 weeks time and we (Me and the Mrs) were talking about maybe doing Karaoke/Karaoke and Disco in Pubs/Social Clubs.

I'm just wondering what you reckon would be a reasonable fee to charge for this, I know you won't share your secrets lol but just a Ball Park figure would do so we can include this in our forecasts.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BitterVirtue View Post

I'm just wondering what you reckon would be a reasonable fee to charge for this, I know you won't share your secrets lol but just a Ball Park figure would do so we can include this in our forecasts.

Thanks in advance

Mike
    Theoretically*, I add £50 onto the price of a disco to provide Karaoke. I know someone who theoretically adds £100.

* Theoretically. I/we may add less, if say we can use a smaller rig, or the client's budget won't stretch that far. If the price drops, the service drops. Instead of two or three radio mics and a dedicated player, it's one cabled SM58 and one side of the playout.

It's quite likely that many pubs won't be prepared to pay a king's ransom for Karaoke, so let's say you set a figure of £150 for example, then if the going rate is £75 and free beer, you are unlikely to get that £150.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

For a pub/WMC karaoke residency "round these parts" you're realistically looking at around £120 to £150 (if you're a good negotiator). I know people who go out for a lot less (well under £100 in some places) but that's up to them. Likewise, if you get a good residency with several nights a week it's not uncommon to charge £100 per night (it's a guaranteed income, after all, and much better than doing 16 hours on National Minimum Wage). I did a residency a couple of years ago where we did entertainment there 3 nights a week (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays) and we got £100 per night plus taxi fares. Bear in mind that this didn't include Saturdays or Sundays and the kit was left there so there was no set up or break down. Plus it was taxis there and home (it was about 10 mins drive away) so it was a pretty easy gig.

I don't do residencies any more and I don't offer karaoke myself (although I do work it through a multi-op from time to time). I tend to find that karaoke nights are not as well supported as they were 10/15 years ago. And when there's no-one in who wants to sing then they can be long, hard nights!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!