Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Website

Default New Website

Hi all

Just wanted some constructive advice/criticism of our new site. Obviously it's not finished yet as we will be adding pictures of our rigs and Balloons etc in the coming weeks.

Any advice greatfully accepted.

Mike
    http://www.tunesnballoons.com
    Last edited by Excalibur; 11-06-2015 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Fixed website link

Your landing page is blank. It should reflect the same as the 'home' page IMHO.

Also your WHOIS info says you're in Manchester.. or is that just whoever does your site?

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post

Also your WHOIS info says you're in Manchester.. or is that just whoever does your site?
    I don't get what you mean by Landing page, Yeah I am moving to Newcastle next week.

agreed, would it not be better to have your landing page auto direct to your "home" page ?

Quote Originally Posted by BitterVirtue View Post
    I don't get what you mean by Landing page, Yeah I am moving to Newcastle next week.
    The 'landing' page is the very first site anybody sees when they visit your site. Yours is blank apart from the menu.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitterVirtue View Post
    The landing page is the first page you see. If your landing page was the 'home' page, it would look much better but to a potential client, it would tell me this is an unfinished website with no info on it. I only clicked on 'Home' 'cos Juski said he did.

Overall it looks nice. I think a bit more consistency in font size across the pages would look better.

The 'landing' page is the very first site anybody sees when they visit your site. Yours is blank apart from the menu.
    Lol I still dont get you, how do I change this?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    The landing page is the first page you see. If your landing page was the 'home' page, it would look much better but to a potential client, it would tell me this is an unfinished website with no info on it. I only clicked on 'Home' 'cos Juski said he did.

Overall it looks nice. I think a bit more consistency in font size across the pages would look better.
    Thanks for the info, I'll try and sort it so it lands on the homepage.

I have switched to Go Daddy from Webs and am struggling with their site builder lol.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 11-06-2015 at 10:01 PM. Reason: merged posts

Idiot me!

I meant to say first page you see, but typed first site.

I've rang Go Daddy and they have sorted it for me, so Landing Page should be the homepage now.

Thanks for telling me that, or I wouldn't have known.

It wouldn't let me edit my original post but I have changed to a .com Domain.

http://www.tunesnballoons.com

Mod note. I've changed the domain to .com for you.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 11-06-2015 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Fixed website link

Customer Support at Go Daddy is really good. I moved my websites from Heart Internet to Go Daddy after some issues with a reseller who was claiming he hadn't been paid when he had. Since I moved, there have been no problems at all. I did have some queries relating to pointing a domain to my DJEP server but, with the help of Troy@DJEP and Go Daddy's support staff, it got sorted out really quickly. I'd highly recommend both!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!