Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WARNING 'Scottish Dj's: RESOLVED

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I was referring to the general comment that a gig should be passed on with the full fee.

I don't know what the standard is for this, but I'd have no problem with being passed a gig, but not getting the "full fee" for the gig.

However, I agree that an agreed fee is an agreed fee.

As was mentioned, there are two sides to each story. What could have happened here is that the agreed fee was the amount left over to be paid on the night - let's say £220 for arguments sake.

And then only on the night did he find out that there had already been a £30 deposit paid which he felt was due.

The reason I feel this is:

Why would you need to check "the full payment was there". You wouldn't need to ask - you'd just count the amount you were expecting.

So did this only come to light because she mentioned the £30 deposit.

Was there an amount that was previously agreed, eg £220 - and now he feels he is due the full £250?
    because of the way the booking was handed to me, no paperwork, no contact number and assurance that no deposit had been paid and I was to collect the full amount
    I was already sceptical.
    So when I was handed the envelope with payment I simply acknowledged the client with a smile and a nod and reassuringly said the amount.

I had tried to contact DJxyz to no reply in any form so I had every right to feel wrongly done.
    In the business for 26 years never came across anything like it and would not want to experience it again.
    The amount that I lost is not important its the principal of the matter

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Why the full amount?

Personally, I'd be happy for the person passing on the booking to keep the deposit paid.

That covers their advertising costs and time in getting the booking in the first place.
    Yes your right but the full amount was agreed at the time, if he said he would be taking a booking fee I wouldn't have taken it.
    Saturday night off and you get a phone call from another dj who needs cover but he wants a cut, NO THANKS!
    Last edited by Excalibur; 23-06-2015 at 06:22 PM. Reason: merged posts

Default Resolved payment issue

This site is a great place where we all share our knowledge and experiences.

The problem has now been resolved and the shortfall paid!

Thanks to everyone with your support.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scotsguy View Post
    This site is a great place where we all share our knowledge and experiences.

The problem has now been resolved and the shortfall paid!

Thanks to everyone with your support.

Steve
    Glad to hear you've reached a satisfactory conclusion. I'll go ahead and close this thread as it's now resolved.