Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
I'd actually go as far as to say ban lasers full stop, but that's another conversation for another time.
I think Laser light is very harsh, where as LED seems to get the thumbs up from many photographers. Banning lasers on first dance is a good call, i don't think it looks nice at all. Looking back as my mess of lights back in the day, it was atrocious!! Especially the naff green and red ones with shapes. I have a blue Lanta cluster now (awesome laser) but use that sparingly now at certain functions, works well on its own with a low light uplighting. Dottyights on the guests and B&G in general on first dance is a no-no for me on First dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
I completely disagree with that. I know a lot of high end photographers who use flash. If used correctly, it's works really well.:
I am best friends with one of the best wedding photographers in Hampshire and recommend a dozen other excellent photographers (i.e. the best of the best i have seen). They all use flash, like having a decent DJ controller, its how you use it that counts!! I am an advocate for non flash photography, but you can get some stunning shots using flash creatively. Its the photographers that have the flash down facing the couple that tend to be the crap ones, rather than off camera and bounce.

On that note i have seen quite a few photographers doing non flash photography that clearly don't understand how their cameras/lenses light work, they are just trying to be cool, some of their shots are terrible. I would choose a small flash with an f3+ over circa f1.2 lens and no flash any day and a much better depth of field, although a decent arty non flash shot can really be awesome!