Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: dsb v2 white cover cloth

Default dsb v2 white cover cloth

Hi
    I am using a dsb v2 dj stand and would like to cover the black starcloth with a white nylon spandex 4 way stretch type of material.
    has anyone on here already done this and if so what particular type of material did you use?
    I understand I can buy a tailor made cloth from advanced event designs but I want to try it out first on the cheap and see if it looks effective enough and if the leds shine through the cloth enough.
    if not I may buy a dedicated white starcloth eventually.
    I know I can rely on the masses of experience on this forum so let me know?
    thanks
    hadyn

Measure the size of your stand and compare it to the ones on prolight.co.uk as all there stands come with a white cover let me now which one and I will get a price for you

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Platinumeventsolutions View Post
    Measure the size of your stand and compare it to the ones on prolight.co.uk as all there stands come with a white cover let me now which one and I will get a price for you
    Thanks for the reply but after looking at that site i can't seem to see my stand anywhere on there.

Quote Originally Posted by hadyn View Post
    Thanks for the reply but after looking at that site i can't seem to see my stand anywhere on there.
    Surely the way forward is to contact the team at Advanced Event Designs?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by hadyn View Post
    I understand I can buy a tailor made cloth from advanced event designs but I want to try it out first on the cheap and see if it looks effective enough and if the leds shine through the cloth enough.
    if not I may buy a dedicated white starcloth eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Surely the way forward is to contact the team at Advanced Event Designs?
    Apologies for not reading your post fully the first time, but were you referring to the AED White starcloth, or merely the plain white cloth, at £155. I'd guess that one of those over your existing starcloth might achieve the desired effect, at what I'd regard as a reasonable price. Worth a phone call to them, they'd be happy to help, I'm sure.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

what I'm after is some 4 way stretch white nylon lycra spandex type material like what they use for speaker scrim covers etc
    and once I have found some I am going to stretch it over my dsb v2 stand from advanced event designs and see how it looks.
    if it looks ok and the leds shine through ok then I may consider hemming it etc and making it a more Permanente feature for use at weddings etc.
    I don't want to just spend 30.00 on some random material from eBay without knowing its shine through qualities etc so I thought if I posted on here, someone would have already researched different types of lycra etc and found one that works ok.
    I think if I did weddings all the time then I would purchase one of the tailored ones from event designs but I don't so I want to dip my feet in first if you get what I mean..
    thanks

Tricky stuff to sew a hem without the correct machine,plenty of white Lycra for sale on eBay used to use it for rear projection,you want the 4 way stuff that stretches both ways.

I have a black wool serge rgb cloth on my stand and sometimes the LEDs are a bit bright,and have been known to put either a white or black Lycra cloth on top,it softens the effect and looks cool because before you turn the star cloth on you wouldn't know it was underneath just looks like a plain cloth.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Bit the bullet now and shelled out for 3 metres of pure white spandex 200 gsm per metre which i believe is medium weight.
    i will try it out next weekend at a wedding and take a few pics.
    cost was £6.90 per metre plus postage