Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Announcements for tomorrow's wedding

Threaded View

Default Announcements for tomorrow's wedding

Following on from my post yesterday and the helpful advice I received I've been drafting out my announcements so that I can practise them and get them sounding more natural. I've shamelessly plagiarised parts of people's announcements that I have read on past posts so parts of them may sound extremely familiar to some of you.

I'd appreciate any comments on whether these will be suitable/appropriate and of course any suggestions for improvements. I've abbreviated the bride and grooms names to protect their privacy.

Welcome Announcement

Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to the Workstation. I hope you're all having a great time helping N and C celebrate their special day.

My name is Allan and I'm your DJ for the evening.

As you may have gathered from the walk in music earlier, this isn't going to be your typical wedding disco! I've got an interesting selection of N and C's favourite songs to play for you tonight as well as songs from some of Sheffield's finest homegrown artists and even a few Motown classics.

So.... Are you all up for a party? I said.... are you all up for a party?? (if required). Great! That's what I like to hear!

(pause)

I'm going to continue with the background music for now but In a few moments time we will be welcoming N and C onto the dancefloor for their first dance. So, please could you make sure you have your cameras at the ready.

First Dance

Right ladies and gentleman. We have come to that special moment in the evening where it is time to welcome your bride and groom on to the dancefloor for their first dance as man and wife.

N and C have chosen 'One Day Like This' by Elbow for their first dance. It's quite a long song and they have asked me to request that you join them after the first couple of minutes. So.... When I give you the nod, if you could all come on to the dancefloor it would be greatly appreciated.

Right, without further ado could you please put your hands together and give a warm welcome to your bride and groom.... the new Mr and Mrs D!

Sheffield Selection

Right folks.... Here is that selection of Sheffield's finest that I promised you earlier starting with this one, Disco 2000 by Pulp.

Motown Selection

If we have any Motown fans this is the time for you to hit the dancefloor and show us what you've got. We'll kick things off with this one by Stevie Wonder.

Any thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by Casual77; 24-07-2015 at 11:17 AM.