Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Horsebridge Station - Stockbridge

Default Horsebridge Station - Stockbridge

Hi all,

I visited this venue about 6 years ago and I have a booking there again on 8th August.
    After speaking to the venue owner a few minutes ago I was advised that I won't need to take speakers as she has her own system there now.
    Has anyone been there recently and used the system?
    Anything I should know apart from music has to finish at 11.00pm?

Thanks in advance.

I played there not so long ago Gary.

It’s one of those ceiling systems that directs all the music to the dance-floor, you can’t hear it at all more than a few feet away. In fact you can’t even hear it from the area you’ll be DJ’ing from! I could hear the conversations of the dancers more than the music - quite amusing actually as they had no idea anyone else could hear them.

Announcements over the mic are pointless as well.

So for a party it’s bloody useless, can’t help but admire how well it does what it was designed for though.

You'll need to take your own small speaker for monitoring and announcements - but if the owner can hear it you’ll be asked to turn it down.

Apart from that it’s a normal marquee type gig, easy enough access and parking right next to it. I had to turn on the power myself, which was in a rack next to the kitchen area.

You won't believe this...... I even chuckled at the time.
    I have just had another enquiry via phone for this venue for next August!!
    The guy is going back to the venue on Friday anyway as he has provisionally booked it but after speaking to me he is now armed with a bunch of questions with reference to the sound system.

I told him that it wasn't my intention to (a) Put him off the venue or (b) Turn away work but I wanted to be honest with him and let him know what the score is.
    I did say to him that I was happy to send him a quotation (which I will be doing shortly) and I'd also be happy enough to work there again IF (a huge IF) the lady let me use what I used at the weekend (my speakers as ahem....'monitors').

We'll see what happens eh!

On one of my ban lists. I don't do Directional speaker systems, but as you say you can't help wonder at how good they do the job.

Totally useless for parties or announcements etc.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/