Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPad DJing

Just following on from the discussion about using an ipad instead of a laptop I thought I would post a picture of the set-up I used for my cousin's wedding this weekend.

I was very restricted on car space so it was convenient to go down with just the Reloop Beatpad controller I've recently picked up and a pair of iPads (one as back-up). It all worked quite nicely with the exception of the mic input on the Beatpad which wasn't as refined as I would like it to be. I might consider plugging the mic directly in to the second channel on the back of one of the speakers next time to see if that sounds better.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

iPad? Bloody iPad? You guys are behind wiv da timez, yo! It's all done from the Apple watch these day:

https://youtu.be/gv9US7KulTc
    Last edited by Benny Smyth; 10-08-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Thought control and transference. That's the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    iPad? Bloody iPad? You guys are behind wiv da timez, yo! It's all done from the Apple watch these day:

https://youtu.be/gv9US7KulTc

Might be a bit fiddly but I'd give it a go. I've got a Tonium Pacemaker and I'm pretty sure I could deliver a fully mixed dance set from the middle of the dance floor using that if required, so using the apple watch wouldn't be that big an issue. Finding the hundreds of pounds it costs to buy one would be the biggest stumbling block.

I have preferred an iPad over a second Macbook Pro for many years now using DJAY. If you need to get out of a hole and don't have to mix properly, then the unit on its own is amazing. I have done a whole night on it (when a bit of dirt got trapped in the SATA cable connection point) - and have all my main playlists. I have not yet had the confidence to use it in a ceremony yet - this is my standard ceremony set up. I use an iPad Mini now - its excellent!! I have an iPhone also as backup, a spare macbook Pro and VCI decks (as I am paranoid) - the newer 5 phones would be just as good using the one deck per screen option as its dead easy to find, load and play tracks. The iPad is hardwired to my mixer and if necessary directly to the amp, just incase the decks and also the mixer goes down.

Name:  COMPACT SET UP.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  38.2 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 10-08-2015 at 08:34 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Attack the Dance Floor View Post
    Stupid Alert

Seen a lot of poeple saying they have an ipad as back up - I have a one but not sure how I would use it as a back up. Its only got a lightning port so how would one keep it charged and connect it to usb or anything else - im guessing via the phones port to an rca lead but could be missing something. Also is 32gb large enough for a music collection - I guess if its just emergency then it should be and can you connect your hard drive?
    Sorry if this has been answered already (I've not read all the posts). connection (as you've said: via the headphone port on your iPad to your mixer via a mini jack to RCA lead. As long as it's fully charged at the beginning of the night the charge should be good for a full night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered already (I've not read all the posts). connection (as you've said: via the headphone port on your iPad to your mixer via a mini jack to RCA lead. As long as it's fully charged at the beginning of the night the charge should be good for a full night.
    Even on 50% - in Aeroplane mode it will last forever. I have a mains charger spare anyway.
    You can get a split cue for cuing tracks and mixing.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Even on 50% - in Aeroplane mode it will last forever. I have a mains charger spare anyway.
    You can get a split cue for cuing tracks and mixing.
    Yeah in MONO. Bleh. Mind you, for some older tracks mono would be a godsend. Stupid hard-panned music.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Yeah in MONO. Bleh. Mind you, for some older tracks mono would be a godsend. Stupid hard-panned music.
    I use Mono all the time at gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I use Mono all the time at gigs.
    I might add a width control to my DJ software output just to tame those pesky hard panned tracks