Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Radio 1 Ibiza prom - iPlayer

Default Radio 1 Ibiza prom - iPlayer

Posting this just to let those of you who've not heard anything about it that as part of the Proms series in the Royal Albert Hall there was one on Wednesday (29th July 2015 for those of you who are looking at this in years to come!) which was linked to Radio 1 celebrating 20 year of their Ibiza weekends and they were playing classical versions of big Ibiza classics with Pete Tong compering.

I'd heard about it on the radio 2 or 3 months ago and it sounded interesting, but there weren't any tickets left for sale then. But somehow I ended up looking again a few weeks later and managed to get 3 seats, so went up with a couple of friends not really knowing what to expect. I didn't know how 'stuffy' it would be...

But as soon as we walked in and the lights were gently whirling around it was clear that they were ready to host a good party.

It's on iPlayer for about another 25 days http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...o-1-ibiza-prom and I'd implore you to watch it. It looks amazing on there but unfortunately for you it really doesn't quite convey the atmosphere in the RAH, it really was phenomenal with the whole place standing and dancing from the third 'track' right through to the end. At least you can hear it better on iPlayer as there was so much crowd noise that even with a decent PA we were missing a lot of the detail!

And they weren't just playing 'lift music' twiddly classical versions of dance music, there was some proper bass involved. I came out a bit of a sweaty mess!

Royal Albert Hall - biggest nightclub I've ever been in!

Watch it, before it disappears...

Excellent, puts a whole new slant on the proms

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Am half way through it now - amazing.

At a time when the BBC is being questioned over the license fee, they go and pull this rabbit out the hat!

It's this sort of thing that I only ever see the BBC do.

A shame this is only on iPlayer for a matter of weeks, as this has got some shelf life to it!

WOW I bet it was awesome to be there live, I've only watched a few minutes on my lappy so far, can't wait to get it coupled up to decent speakers and the picture on a big screen TV
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Yep, it was quite something! We've only got a 32" TV at home and only the inbuilt speakers, but it's still better than on my laptop. Close the windows, turn it up and see if you don't get the urge to get up off the sofa and throw some shapes... I'm not trying to brag, just to say that I'd highly recommend watching it. It was way better than I could have hoped for, and even Tongy looked surprised at it all!

I recorded it from the red button channel onto our DVR, so I'll be able to keep it longer. Hmm, maybe I'll try connecting that to a projector and a 3m wide screen I've got and stick the audio through some proper PA speakers somewhen...

Might check this out later. I'm not generally a fan of orchestral covers of modern stuff but I do own a very well played copy of The Williams Fairey Band - Acid Brass which is actually rather good