Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: flightcase retracting shelf

Default flightcase retracting shelf

hi
    does anyone know if there is a 19 inch rack mount shelf you can get which also has the rails so that you can mount 19 inch gear on it facing upwards.
    i have a 19 inch rack mount retracting shelf but this one has no means of securing anything to it and im looking for something that allows you to bolt stuff to it but facing upwards rather than outwards if you know what i mean?

something like this but somehow being able to slide in and out so you only slide it out when needed!

http://www.amazon.com/Startech-19-In...PKNMMVFRPJN7SC
    Last edited by hadyn; 01-08-2015 at 09:56 AM.

What I've done in the past is drill holes in a 19" rack shelf & bolt things to it myself. But what you're looking for probably isn't available since I'm guessing the gear you want to mount on the shelf is 19" rack wide - and any sliding shelf is going to be narrower than that.

What you can get though is a 19" retractable mount (search for '19" rack slide' - the kind servers are usually mounted with. They're not usually cheap though.

Nah, that's not gonna do it. I suspect you might be able to use an ordinary 19" sliding shelf, drill it yourself & remove the rack ears of whatever you're putting on it - but measure the width of the case of the thing you're mounting on the shelf to make sure it'll fit on the shelf with its ears removed.

Default thanks

well i did think that myself about it not being able to slide through because of being the same width but just thinking about it again perhaps i can remove a section of the rail on each side to allow the gear to slide through but also leaving enough rail to secure above and below the gear.
    i think this is a project that you need to overcome whilst in your garage with the items concerned rather that sitting in my office at work trying to fathom it out and search for various items on the tinternet.
    i will have a look this afternoon before tonights gig and hopefully come up with something.

All sorted now
    I installed a sliding shelf and then drilled holes through the shelf and attached the 19 inch gear to that facing up and its perfect!!!
    thanks for the comments though +

Quote Originally Posted by hadyn View Post
    All sorted now
    I installed a sliding shelf and then drilled holes through the shelf and attached the 19 inch gear to that facing up and its perfect!!!
    thanks for the comments though +
    Did you have to remove the ears on the gear you mounted to the shelf in the end? I'm guessing you did or it wouldn't have all fit..

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Did you have to remove the ears on the gear you mounted to the shelf in the end? I'm guessing you did or it wouldn't have all fit..
    yeah they just screwed off and there was 4 rubber feet on the bottom so I took them off and screwed the screws back into their respective holes but through the sliding shelf after drilling the holes.
    the next gig I do this weekend I will take a photo and show you how it looks
    thanks