Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Jumpers For Goalposts: The Football Banter Thread

Hello folks, shan't be here long. Not really my scene. Just wanted to say- Come on the Tigers.

Young Twinspin was in the crowd.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

So if Villa do appoint RDM as expected, that would mean two managers who have won the Champions League would be managing in the Championship.

There's something backwards about that.

All I can say is "What a great day I had on Monday at Wombley!"

What a journey we've been on in the last 14years from park pitches to the hallowed turf and now the dizzy heights of League1!!

Name:  fulltime wembley (800x450).jpg
Views: 122
Size:  296.9 KBName:  Wombley wembley (800x450).jpg
Views: 122
Size:  246.1 KB
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Kinell. RDM is gone.

Absolutely ridiculous decision. RDM shouldn't have been appointed in the first place, but to be given just 12 games to rectify four or five years of regular management changes and poor player recruitment is an absolute farce. What decent manager will come in knowing they get about 10 matches to make an impression? And we only lost 3 of those games. Drawing games isn't great but its at least a start.

5 managers in just over a year. Maybe it might click one day that the manager isn't the problem.

sake.

Big Sam for Villa?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Kinell. RDM is gone.

Absolutely ridiculous decision. RDM shouldn't have been appointed in the first place, but to be given just 12 games to rectify four or five years of regular management changes and poor player recruitment is an absolute farce. What decent manager will come in knowing they get about 10 matches to make an impression? And we only lost 3 of those games. Drawing games isn't great but its at least a start.

5 managers in just over a year. Maybe it might click one day that the manager isn't the problem.

sake.
    He won the Champions League with Chelsea FFS.

However like us he is in a results business

England--- 3 in 3 months--might be 4 in 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    Big Sam for Villa?
    Whoever Villa bring in, I hope it's someone who is experienced and is able to make things efficient. Doesn't have to be exciting football, just someone who can grind results (ala Roy Hodgson's England). Steve Bruce will be fine. Big Sam maybe (never been a fan but he would do the job). Forget this concept of getting a manager who is young, hungry and an excellent prospect for the future. We need experience, efficiency and - dare I say it - boring.

The only exception I would accept for a young manager would be Ryan Giggs. If Villa take a punt on a young manager, I'd want it to be him. It's not likely (although the odds have been slashed recently), but I'd like to see his influence on the team. And maybe play himself before he puts Westwood on the pitch.

Whoever Villa bring in, I hope it's someone who is experienced and is able to make things efficient. Doesn't have to be exciting football, just someone who can grind results (ala Roy Hodgson's England). Steve Bruce will be fine. Big Sam maybe (never been a fan but he would do the job). Forget this concept of getting a manager who is young, hungry and an excellent prospect for the future. We need experience, efficiency and - dare I say it - boring.

The only exception I would accept for a young manager would be Ryan Giggs. If Villa take a punt on a young manager, I'd want it to be him. It's not likely (although the odds have been slashed recently), but I'd like to see his influence on the team. And maybe play himself before he puts Westwood on the pitch.
    Big Sam would be a good fit in my opinion, he gets the job done, legal or illegal... haha!

In other news what on earth is going on with West Ham... some amazing skills and beautiful to watch some of the games but dire defending means we're likely to be relegated at this rate!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

My favourite football statistic for 2017 thus far:

Aston Villa have spent more on transfers this seaon than Brentford have in 127 years.

Brentford 3 - 0 Aston Villa

My favourite football statistic for 2017 thus far:

Aston Villa have spent more on transfers this seaon than Brentford have in 127 years.

Brentford 3 - 0 Aston Villa

Money isn't everything, although, if we skip last year, the premier league would normally suggest otherwise.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD