Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumpers For Goalposts: The Football Banter Thread

Hybrid View

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Default Jumpers For Goalposts: The Football Banter Thread

I know that this is a forum for Mobile Discos, and our industry dictates that we don't get to go see many games or episodes of Match of the Day (the latter may not be such a bad thing) but seeing that this weekend is the kickoff for the Premier League season and last week saw the kick off for the rest of the football league, I figured that now would be as good a time to start a Footie thread as any.
    Last edited by Shaun; 06-08-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Linda, my other half, is currently working for the producer at Premier League Productions - not very bantery but just thought I’d mention it

Havant & Waterlooville supporter myself. Non league football is more my bag.

Second team this year will be Bournemouth , who I would love to do well. All hail Eddie Howe.

I'm an Aston Villa supporter. It was how I was bought up. It's not all bad though, as I'm pretty sure that on my day of Judgement I could wear my Villa shirt to prove to God that I've been through hell already.

I have a soft spot for Yeovil Town - I used to manage them all the time on the Football Manager games and I quite like them as a team.

Seagulls........................................

Brighton and hove albion

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

West Ham for me. Not sure what this season has in store for us but it's an important one. With reference to the first game of the season....we're against Arsenal and I think they are potential champions this season so I think we're going to get hammered 4-1 on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    , I figured that now would be as good a time to start a Footie thread as any.
    Oh Benny, Benny, Benny. Let me put it this way. A significant number of mods on here hold no affection for the overpaid pansies who tiptoe about of a Saturday afternoon. Mayhap we ought to even things up with a Six Nations thread?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Maybe a lot of us who follow the game agree with those mods mate but it doesn't stop us following our teams. I was born just down the road from Upton Park so I've always been a fan......(I also like the rugby too).

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Oh Benny, Benny, Benny. Let me put it this way. A significant number of mods on here hold no affection for the overpaid pansies who tiptoe about of a Saturday afternoon. Mayhap we ought to even things up with a Six Nations thread?
    As a long time Bath supporter I wholeheartedly agree.

Ah, those poor rugby players just about achieving the bread line. Football markets itself better. It's as simple as that. Is it justified? Not even remotely, but if people will pay for it then I certainly would take the money.

Anyway, in actual football news:

The loan move for Adebayor to Villa could very well be in jeopardy. Is it the £100k a week wages? No. The training facilities? No. Is it because Villa won't be giving certain first team football? No.

It's because Adebayor wants to commute everyday from London to Birmingham and not stay somewhere local, even if it is just on the days he's training/playing at Villa Park.