Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jumpers For Goalposts: The Football Banter Thread

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Ah, those poor rugby players just about achieving the bread line. Football markets itself better. It's as simple as that. Is it justified? Not even remotely, but if people will pay for it then I certainly would take the money.

Anyway, in actual football news:

The loan move for Adebayor to Villa could very well be in jeopardy. Is it the £100k a week wages? No. The training facilities? No. Is it because Villa won't be giving certain first team football? No.

It's because Adebayor wants to commute everyday from London to Birmingham and not stay somewhere local, even if it is just on the days he's training/playing at Villa Park.

Looking forward to another season of dashed hopes and false starts as a devotee of the Arsenal.

And the sooner rugby fans remove the overly greasy chips from their shoulders and realise that football is more entertaining to watch, the sooner we can all move on and be happy! The money isn't the footballers fault, it's market forces.
    Just like DJs who think they can charge £850 because they have Wizards-on-sticks and car speakers installed in drainpipes!!!!

...please...not in the face.....
    DJ Ian Scott
    www.djianscott.com

"The Earth has music for those who listen."

I wish football instilled the discipline and respect for the ref in youngsters like egg chasers do.

I will be singing sweet chariott with everyone else during the comming world cup as we have a chance of winning at home.

I don't think that rugby will ever reach the commercial heights of football as there are many fewer countries that play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    I wish football instilled the discipline and respect for the ref in youngsters like egg chasers do.
    I definitely agree with that bit. Having been a player and a referee, there is very little respect for the man in the middle. But despite it's lack of order in that dept, it is still the working man's game, whereas rugby still has a slight air of pomposity and middle class public school about it. Players called Giles and Nigel playing drinking games until they fall over and singing outdated sexist songs whilst mooning through a coach window......
    DJ Ian Scott
    www.djianscott.com

"The Earth has music for those who listen."

Liverpool fan and also follow my home town Southport (just had their new kit through the post). Hope to see some of their away games as they're in Cheltenham's league now. As for the reds well who knows, good start though and stoke away isn't an easy fixture.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Chelsea fan here who used to be a "real supporter" for 36 years until that horrible Roman Abramovitch took over and henceforth made me a glory hunter in the process. I no longer have the same passion for football as i had as it is all money orientated, win at any cost state of affairs that is the norm now.

As an AFC Wimbledon supporter I'm glad that first game is out of the way.

There was the usual pre season hype of "best squad ever assembled", "definite play off contenders" etc etc. This season Neal Ardley is playing a 343 formation that really worked well on Saturday. Dominated the game for the first 20 minutes then went on to lose 2-0!

On the brightside atleast I have a football team to follow.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Good result for Villa. Bournemouth should have taken their chances, but I won't complain about too much about the three points.

Great result for West Ham (Gary must be pleased!), and it humbled Arsenal somewhat. I know that it is only the first game of the season and they generally are rather rubbish but that's gotta be a swift kick to the crotch of the team that was building momentum in pre-season. I see the 'Wenger Out!' malrky has started already on Twitter.

So Villa currently sit 4th in the league. Can we end the season now?

Joey Barton having a medical at West Ham?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You what!!!!??????
    Never liked him. He will probably not even get a game so I don't know why they are bothering if that's the case?
    Better go and check that out now.

As for our result yesterday......a lot of my Arsenal mates have gone surprisingly quiet!

EDIT : Just checked out Sky and also BBC and they both claim Barton is having a medical today....HOWEVER, I follow the chairman's son Jack Sullivan on Twitter and he claims that he isn't.
    Last edited by Shakermaker Promotions; 10-08-2015 at 03:43 PM.