Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: How do you get your booking?

Default How do you get your booking?

Hello peeps

I am really interested in marketing and how different industries and businesses generate sales. I am not trying to sell you anything here, I am just interested in how the DJs here currently get their bookings?

When I used to DJ private parties I used to generate my booking in two main ways, the venues I worked at telling the people who wanted to book a party and then referrals for people I have already played for.

I didn’t used to have a Yellow Pages advert or anything like that, but I only really did it part time and I didn’t want to get many booking anyway.

So what marketing methods do people use and how effective are they? I am sure lots of people here can benefit from sharing information. I always find that if you share your information then people will always share it back with you.

One killer marketing tip that I got a DJ to use worked amazingly well. If the booking if for a birthday or celebration of some kind, at the end of the night the DJ used to go and give the person a present, typically a bottle of wine. They then asked if they could take a photo and get a testimonial. The person was always more than happy to oblige. They then published this on their website, the photo and the testimonial. They advanced this and now take 30 second video clips and put these online for people to see.

The above marketing strategy has made them a lot of money and it costs the price of a bottle of wine to do. I really suggest people use something like this as it will really show you in a great light and give you credibility when people are looking at your site.

Matt
    Business card printing letterhead printing leaflets flyer printing and poster printing look at http://www.mkprinting.co.uk or call 0870 080 1799.

I work in a pub as resident dj, so i get a few bookings from the pub regulars or their friends, I leave my cards with the bar staff, also i have my cards in teh local working mans clubs (im in the north east) on the notice board.

I would rather people write or email us with their comments under there own steam, otherwise it looks like you are fishing for compliments.

Darren

I understand what you mean, but if you do it in the right way then you are getting valuable feedback and a great marketing tool. If you look at my website here we ask for feedback from every customer, not everyone gives it but lots do. This page is our second highest view on our website!

We have worked out that collecting testimonials has made us abour £7000 this year. It really is well worth doing. If you are good at your job you should be confident in asking people for a testimonial. They really do work.

Matt
    Business card printing letterhead printing leaflets flyer printing and poster printing look at http://www.mkprinting.co.uk or call 0870 080 1799.

Quote Originally Posted by MK Printing View Post
    Darren

I understand what you mean, but if you do it in the right way then you are getting valuable feedback and a great marketing tool. If you look at my website here we ask for feedback from every customer, not everyone gives it but lots do. This page is our second highest view on our website!

We have worked out that collecting testimonials has made us abour £7000 this year. It really is well worth doing. If you are good at your job you should be confident in asking people for a testimonial. They really do work.

Matt
    Yeah, granny, teaching and sucking eggs is coming to mind here a bit...

I have around 20 on my site from the last year or so that I didn't ask for - they just sent them.

We encourage people to give us feedback by giving a questionnaire to every customer, but, like Darren, I don't much like the 'here's a bottle of wine, now can we use you for our advertising?' approach.... I think it's too much of a pressurised approach and puts people on the spot.

I understand what you are saying I am not trying to say to act in an un-ethical manor. What I am talking about is creating oppertunities and using them to your advantage.

As long as you have your own kind of system then that is all that matters, however test other systems too and stick with the one that works best.

Matt