Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How do I look?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Studio pictures>Facebook pictures.

But what if your Facebook picture was taken in a studio?

Nah I agree with you Benny. Pro portrait is the way I'm going. Sure use more casual photos later but I think a studio shot is more 'pro' looking.

There's always a danger of it looking too contrived or seeming conceited, but you can say that about any marketing material.
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 25-08-2015 at 11:19 AM.

I wonder if it would work both ways?

I might start asking to see pictures of prospective clients and if I don’t like the look of them I’ll pass.

Actually not as daft as it sounds - how many of us google our enquirers and check them out on FB, Linked-in etc? You can bet a lot are doing the same for us.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    But what if your Facebook picture was taken in a studio?

Nah I agree with you Benny. Pro portrait is the way I'm going. Sure use more casual photos later but I think a studio shot is more 'pro' looking.

There's always a danger of it looking too contrived or seeming conceited, but you can say that about any marketing material.
    What? All of them? If that's the case, there are issues in your life that require professional help, and not from a 'tog!

In my own opinion, it's fine having pics of yourself in action on other pages, but on the 'About Me' page a nice clean pic of you against a blank canvas would work best. Hell, even a picture of you out on a walk in the woods would do the job, just as long the main focus is you.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post

I might start asking to see pictures of prospective clients and if I don’t like the look of them I’ll pass.
    Are you advocating that a picture of the DJ is not important?

Actually not as daft as it sounds - how many of us google our enquirers and check them out on FB, Linked-in etc? You can bet a lot are doing the same for us.
    Are you advocating that a picture of the DJ is not important?
    That was a tongue in cheek comment.

But I don’t have my picture on my sites (nor any gear/set-up pictures) and I’ve no idea how many enquiries haven’t been made because of that - but I’m as busy as I want to be at a price I’m happy with so for me it doesn’t appear to be important. That’s not to say I don’t agree it’s best practice though.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

That was a tongue in cheek comment.

But I don’t have my picture on my sites (nor any gear/set-up pictures) and I’ve no idea how many enquiries haven’t been made because of that - but I’m as busy as I want to be at a price I’m happy with so for me it doesn’t appear to be important. That’s not to say I don’t agree it’s best practice though.
    I thought it was, but just making sure.

I thought it was, but just making sure.
    But the second part wasn’t - if I find a prospective client on FB etc and don’t like the look of them (when I say look I mean a whole host of things, not attractiveness) then I’ll tactfully already be booked on their date.

Ok, it's way more complicated than just 'if youi're proud of your assertions you should use a photo of yourself to back it up'.. That was a bit crass of me & missed the point.

A customer's impression of a business is down to a combination of factors, not least of which how they interpret the pitch presented to them.

I don't feel I have to put mugshots on my site but I'd like to. Why? You know what, I'm not sure. I think it'll help lend an air of credibility to my pitch & it always helps to put a face to a name. If you're doing okay without doing that - fine.