Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LED INFLATABLE PHOTOBOOTH

Thumbs up LED INFLATABLE PHOTOBOOTH

Hi all,

has anyone got any experience with the LED inflatable Photobooths?

I would be interested if you have had a good customer feedback and think the investment is or has paid off.

I currently run a home-made photobooth which works well but my thoughts are this would present a better image to the customer - I understand also you can drop a greenscreen on the backwall.

I am also considering changing from my Breeze software and HD webcam to DSLR Photobooth with a replacement DSLR camera and a new DyeSub Printer.

Any experience or constructive guidance you can offer would be most welcome.

Mark
    -------------------------------------------------------

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Certainly different. The question is can you use it for something else if the market collapses??
    How much are they? If its a matter of £700 then thats not too bad at all.

I use Spark booth which for my uses is great. Not as customisable, but very easy to use.
    Running on a mac using VM ware is also a god send.

http://yourdj.co.uk/photobooth/
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Certainly different. The question is can you use it for something else if the market collapses??
    How much are they? If its a matter of £700 then thats not too bad at all.

I use Spark booth which for my uses is great. Not as customisable, but very easy to use.
    Running on a mac using VM ware is also a god send.

http://yourdj.co.uk/photobooth/
    Looking good Toby. Are you thinking of / got a instant printer? Our photobooth seems to only be getting bookings next year at the moment, right pain!

I've seen an inflatable photobooth, look different... Not sure I'd like one at my wedding personally as they look very modern. Also I'd worry about any damage. That being said it's lightweight and cheap compared to traditional booths

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I haven’t seen one in real life, but going by the videos it looks very big compared to other photo booths (can’t imagine it fitting in at some of the smaller venues I’ve worked where there’s been a traditional type of booth) and the air pump seems noisy.

We use photobooth.co.uk software and it works well with my Canon 60d Camera and HD Cam
    We hire our Booths out most weeks and not had a problem

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Looking good Toby. Are you thinking of / got a instant printer? Our photobooth seems to only be getting bookings next year at the moment, right pain!

I've seen an inflatable photobooth, look different... Not sure I'd like one at my wedding personally as they look very modern. Also I'd worry about any damage. That being said it's lightweight and cheap compared to traditional booths
    I did get a Mitsubishi printer, but with the numbers printing out enough photos was hard. The quality is also only reasonable IMO. I have only yet seen on booth that prints decent photos so being able to download them after and take them to a decent printer, or print A4 at home has been very popular. The photo books are also great from Bobs Books. I bought the printer for £200 (bargain) and sold it for about £550!! Good transaction that!

Getting the lighting right is a must so bear that in mins with one of these. I am still not happy with the photo quality and it can always be better. Looking at a lot of the local companies, they must be using webcams or something, or just realising their photos are crap quality? I use a 70d, with a kit lens. f5.3, ISO 400, 1/200 or there a bouts. Large D lite studio flash & speedlite, both with diffusers. Modelling umbrella light also, mainly for ambient light and looks.

What booth do you have at present?

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I haven’t seen one in real life, but going by the videos it looks very big compared to other photo booths (can’t imagine it fitting in at some of the smaller venues I’ve worked where there’s been a traditional type of booth) and the air pump seems noisy.
    Good points. Its like having a bouncy castle in your wedding room. With the right wedding/venue it would be awesome.
    Could have done with one last night, not much dancing and it needed something to get everyone in party spirit.
    Last edited by yourdj; 22-08-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Hi all,

great feedback - currently I use an all in one touch-screen PC loaded with Breeze Webcam and a Logitech HD webcam together with a umbrella light and a standard studio backdrop (can switch to green-screen)

I find that the breeze software is very complex to set up and you need to do a lot of tweeking to add uploads to social media or emailing options. That said once it's set up it fine and works well.

I was thinking of opting for either the small igloo type

Name:  pl3277816-white_large_fun_inflatable_photo_booth_led_lighting_photo_booth_for_event.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  64.1 KB

or the small rectangular photobooth (comes in any colour you want)

Name:  pl9744132-2_4m_purple_cube_photo_booth_inflatable_1_door_with_led_light.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  98.4 KB

And upgrading the WEBCAM to a Canon DSLR and using the dslrbooth software.

I have not researched dyesub printers yet so any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks all.

ps apologies for the url over the pics but these are the best pics I could find and I have no financial interest with these people.

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I did get a Mitsubishi printer, but with the numbers printing out enough photos was hard. The quality is also only reasonable IMO. I have only yet seen on booth that prints decent photos so being able to download them after and take them to a decent printer, or print A4 at home has been very popular. The photo books are also great from Bobs Books. I bought the printer for £200 (bargain) and sold it for about £550!! Good transaction that!

Getting the lighting right is a must so bear that in mins with one of these. I am still not happy with the photo quality and it can always be better. Looking at a lot of the local companies, they must be using webcams or something, or just realising their photos are crap quality? I use a 70d, with a kit lens. f5.3, ISO 400, 1/200 or there a bouts. Large D lite studio flash & speedlite, both with diffusers. Modelling umbrella light also, mainly for ambient light and looks.

What booth do you have at present?
    I'm not sure on the technical stuff as I'm only doing the business end of the photobooth. As it's all owned by my friend. we've got a camera which is a proper one, can't remember how much but think it was around 2 grand with lens. He has 2 led panel lights on stands, misubishi subdye printer, I'm quite impressed with it... Prints within 10 seconds and the photos look good in my opinion. Mitsubishi CPD70DW. Can't remember what software he using but it was the most expensive one he found I think because if how much you could do with it.

Real shame we aren't getting a lot more bookings as he's got a good setup for the price we're marketing it at

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I'm not sure on the technical stuff as I'm only doing the business end of the photobooth. As it's all owned by my friend. we've got a camera which is a proper one, can't remember how much but think it was around 2 grand with lens. He has 2 led panel lights on stands, misubishi subdye printer, I'm quite impressed with it... Prints within 10 seconds and the photos look good in my opinion. Mitsubishi CPD70DW. Can't remember what software he using but it was the most expensive one he found I think because if how much you could do with it.

Real shame we aren't getting a lot more bookings as he's got a good setup for the price we're marketing it at
    Seems like the Mitsubishi CPD70DW is a good workhorse printer - very expensive though

I have being reading good reports on the SINFONIA (SHINKO) Color Stream CS2 Dyesub Printer.
    Name:  $_57.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  22.4 KB

I couldn't see a link on your websites for the booth - have I overlooked it?

www.vip-disco.co.uk

around 2 grand with lens.
    Thats a bloody expensive camera for a photobooth. That must be an L lens 24-70 and a 6/7d or something?
    I use a 70d (£700) & prefer the kit lens (£50) over my more expensive ones, as they are designed for muppets and take good photos.
    Better still they are usually very light (easier to adjust) and don't require any low F-stops (which is usually where the money is) - f3.5 and above is fine. I generally use f5.5

Having said that my backup 1,100d cost £100 and the lens £20 and they do a great job. You need a camera that has live view and thats about that. You don't even need autofocus as I found its better setting it with a larger depth of field.

That printer is awesome and very light: http://www.richardfrankfurt.co.uk/mi...ye-sub-printer
    Stick to Mitubishi as it will hold its value, especially if flight cased and looked after. Refills are about £70 i think?

I would make sure any inflatable booths have a white interior, easier to mark i know but it will make the lighting easier as you won't have much room for DLITE'S and other larger flash cannons. My guess is you could fit a speelight in there, and perhaps one or two more as slaves. Might get a bit claustrophobic in there also, so one with an in and an out might be a good bet as you can control people. The biggest problem with a booth is everyone piling in and throwing drinks/props all over the place. Its not as easy as it looks and requires good staffing & management. its also a PLI liability waiting to happen, so insurance is a must.

I am no expert but this is what i would suggest for startup:

flash: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yongnuo-YN...item2c9c7714f4
    Camera & lens: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS-...item3f526bd527
    bigger flash/diffuser: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIXAPRO-40...item2a4231f8c1
    Smaller slave/backup flash (OK in enclosed spaces): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZT330-GN33...item2c9dd464b3
    Last edited by yourdj; 24-08-2015 at 01:49 PM.