Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LED INFLATABLE PHOTOBOOTH

Hi there,

all good stuff thanks!

I would be interested in how long does the Yongnuo YN560 III flash last - is one charge good enough to last all night (4 HOURS) - Or can it be left on charge all the time while its's in use. I know you can buy external battery packs but these cost more than the flash unit itself

I have opted for the Canon EOS 700D as I got a brand new one with the 18-55mm lens thrown in for the price of the single body sold elsewhere - Genuine UK stock with Canon warranty.

I am testing DSLR Booth and Breeze DSLR at the moment - I like the interaface better on DSLR Booth and it's on offer at the moment for £150 compared to £110 for the breeze DSLR.

I have also looked at some of the dye sublimation printers on offer: DNP, Mitsubushi and SINFONIA

DNP DS -620 has superseded the defunct DNP DS-40 and now has a rollback fearure which should save on consumables.

These printers are not cheap. The best I can find for the DNP DS-620 is £858.63 + £12.90 (inclusive of VAT) and that's from a company in Germany - in the UK they want £950 + VAT making it about £1140 plus £12 delivery.

I guess its the cost per 4 x 6 that counts - not forgetting the quality of print of course. - Need to do some sums here I think.

I have ordered the LED Inflatable booth direct from the manufacturer saving half the cost of purchasing one here in the UK and I am having it customised to suit.

So hopefully should have it up and runing in the next few weeks.
    -------------------------------------------------------

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Certainly different. The question is can you use it for something else if the market collapses??
    How much are they? If its a matter of £700 then thats not too bad at all.

I use Spark booth which for my uses is great. Not as customisable, but very easy to use.
    Running on a mac using VM ware is also a god send.

http://yourdj.co.uk/photobooth/
    HI there - thanks for the feedback - how do you find Sparkbooth? - the interface looks good

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by welby View Post
    Hi there,

all good stuff thanks!

I would be interested in how long does the Yongnuo YN560 III flash last - is one charge good enough to last all night (4 HOURS) - Or can it be left on charge all the time while its's in use. I know you can buy external battery packs but these cost more than the flash unit itself

I have opted for the Canon EOS 700D as I got a brand new one with the 18-55mm lens thrown in for the price of the single body sold elsewhere - Genuine UK stock with Canon warranty.

I am testing DSLR Booth and Breeze DSLR at the moment - I like the interaface better on DSLR Booth and it's on offer at the moment for £150 compared to £110 for the breeze DSLR.

I have also looked at some of the dye sublimation printers on offer: DNP, Mitsubushi and SINFONIA

DNP DS -620 has superseded the defunct DNP DS-40 and now has a rollback fearure which should save on consumables.

These printers are not cheap. The best I can find for the DNP DS-620 is £858.63 + £12.90 (inclusive of VAT) and that's from a company in Germany - in the UK they want £950 + VAT making it about £1140 plus £12 delivery.

I guess its the cost per 4 x 6 that counts - not forgetting the quality of print of course. - Need to do some sums here I think.

I have ordered the LED Inflatable booth direct from the manufacturer saving half the cost of purchasing one here in the UK and I am having it customised to suit.

So hopefully should have it up and runing in the next few weeks.
    Despite being told not to we run the camera and flash just in one set of batteries and it has not shown any signs of running out. having said that i used a non canon battery the other day and it did. spark booth is great. easy to use but heavy on CPU so get an i5 with 8 gig of ram. i use ab i5 macbook 10 gig ram (8 x 2) pro with vmware, running XP. I was also told that a Mac would not be good enough so bought a touchscreen PC and found that it was pants, so sold that at double the price I bought it for and went back to the Macbook.

i don't use a printer now all available online after and optional photo book printed for the couples honeymoon return.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Despite being told not to we run the camera and flash just in one set of batteries and it has not shown any signs of running out. having said that i used a non canon battery the other day and it did. spark booth is great. easy to use but heavy on CPU so get an i5 with 8 gig of ram. i use ab i5 macbook 10 gig ram (8 x 2) pro with vmware, running XP. I was also told that a Mac would not be good enough so bought a touchscreen PC and found that it was pants, so sold that at double the price I bought it for and went back to the Macbook.

i don't use a printer now all available online after and optional photo book printed for the couples honeymoon return.
    Hi Toby,

OK on the flash - I will just have to test the flash to see if I can get the best result based upon power and usage to cover the event - if not I amy look to purchase a small studio flash unit powered by 240 V.

I can understand not going down the printer route considering it's quite a chunk of an investment, not to mention the ongoing running costs.

I was wondering if you upsell the online pictures to the guests? Or do you let them download as they wish?

Mark

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Hi Toby,

OK on the flash - I will just have to test the flash to see if I can get the best result based upon power and usage to cover the event - if not I amy look to purchase a small studio flash unit powered by 240 V.

I can understand not going down the printer route considering it's quite a chunk of an investment, not to mention the ongoing running costs.

I was wondering if you upsell the online pictures to the guests? Or do you let them download as they wish?

Mark
    Nope all free downloads for the guests. With the open booth we were struggling with printing enough photos for 10 guests etc. and i did not think they were worth it as the quality was iffy. I used to run a print business and I expect better quality - Every photo booth i have seen has printed really crap prints tbh, so hand out a card that diverts them to the website. If you would get an A5/A4 print of yourself then that would be fine, but i find the little photos crap. Why not download the full size and print at home or at photoshops?

Definitely get a proper studio flash and diffuser! Dlite one i have is great.
    i just don't think the speed lights cut it on their own, and you will need back up anyway.
    You can run the dlite with trigger from the speedlite, a cable or wireless trigger.

You can see the difference here:

This was with the DLITE & 1 speed light:

Name:  krista.png
Views: 311
Size:  412.2 KB

This was with 2 speedights only:

Name:  2015_05_03_222729_0.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  68.9 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 26-08-2015 at 01:44 PM.

I use the Mitsubushi printer and its fantastic. Costs 10p a print. You will get 400 photos from a roll.
    Camera I use a Canon 60D. Set on p with flash and manual focus
    I also use photobooth.co.uk software and all works fine

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    I use the Mitsubushi printer and its fantastic. Costs 10p a print. You will get 400 photos from a roll.
    Camera I use a Canon 60D. Set on p with flash and manual focus
    I also use photobooth.co.uk software and all works fine
    Thanks for the heads up.

I am not sure about venturing into P mode onn the Canon 700D - but I am willing to learn

Yes the mitsubushi printer does look good and the print speed and quality looks great.

Do you have a link to the photobooth.co.uk software as I cannot see it on their website.

Many thnks.

Mark

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Nope all free downloads for the guests. With the open booth we were struggling with printing enough photos for 10 guests etc. and i did not think they were worth it as the quality was iffy. I used to run a print business and I expect better quality - Every photo booth i have seen has printed really crap prints tbh, so hand out a card that diverts them to the website. If you would get an A5/A4 print of yourself then that would be fine, but i find the little photos crap. Why not download the full size and print at home or at photoshops?

Definitely get a proper studio flash and diffuser! Dlite one i have is great.
    i just don't think the speed lights cut it on their own, and you will need back up anyway.
    You can run the dlite with trigger from the speedlite, a cable or wireless trigger.

You can see the difference here:

This was with the DLITE & 1 speed light:

Name:  krista.png
Views: 311
Size:  412.2 KB

This was with 2 speedights only:

Name:  2015_05_03_222729_0.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  68.9 KB
    Toby,

Pics look great.

I have been offered a pair of portaflash's as a starter @ £70 which wil probably get me started in conjunction with the Speedlight Flash unit + I have ordered a wireless trigger that can also run cable sync.

Thanks for you help Toby.

I am certainly learning along the way.

Mark

www.vip-disco.co.uk

Thanks for the heads up.

I am not sure about venturing into P mode onn the Canon 700D - but I am willing to learn

Yes the mitsubushi printer does look good and the print speed and quality looks great.

Do you have a link to the photobooth.co.uk software as I cannot see it on their website.

Many thnks.

Mark
    I used P mode for a couple of them and the quality was too different especially if someone moved fast and their arm was blurred.
    I now prefer full manual as you have more consistency over the shot. Manual focus is great - anything that lets the camera think less is also a bonus. Having a wide depth of field (they will be in focus from the camera to the back), low as poss ISO (stop noise and improve the photo) and fast shutter speed (to stop blurring) would be my goals. That combined with good software & well diffused & spread lighting should make some lovely shots.

You may have problems with the live-view compensation making it dark on the screen. On better models you can turn this off. I can't on the 1,100 for example. There are ways to trick it by using the inbuilt flash (and also P mode for some reason) or using a webcam for preview etc.

I used P mode for a couple of them and the quality was too different especially if someone moved fast and their arm was blurred.
    I now prefer full manual as you have more consistency over the shot. Manual focus is great - anything that lets the camera think less is also a bonus. Having a wide depth of field (they will be in focus from the camera to the back), low as poss ISO (stop noise and improve the photo) and fast shutter speed (to stop blurring) would be my goals. That combined with good software & well diffused & spread lighting should make some lovely shots.

You may have problems with the live-view compensation making it dark on the screen. On better models you can turn this off. I can't on the 1,100 for example. There are ways to trick it by using the inbuilt flash (and also P mode for some reason) or using a webcam for preview etc.
    Toby - sounds like I need to practice and find the optimum settings for the lighting and camera/flash togther with the software.

I want to automate the process through the software - as I guess I won't have time to manually take shots - I have a touch-screen all in one PC that I have tested and works really well - no delays or crap pictures.

Hopefully want to pick up some late christmas trade.

Thanks for your help - appreciated.

Mark

www.vip-disco.co.uk