Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: VMS4.1 Firmware

Default VMS4.1 Firmware

Does any one have a copy of the american audio VMS 4.1 firmware?
    fancied a bit of a change with software and have been trying out mixvibes cross dj but to get the best out of it you have to change the firmware on the VMS to the one they have on their forum this enables the jog wheels amongst other things.
    My problem is that now the unit wont work properly with the VDJ le that came with it the cross fader and the jog wheels won't work and it wont work at all with traktor, have been looking most of the afternoon for a solution, no luck with the adj website or the vms forum. I have just emailed adj but I thought why not ask on the forum you never know.

any help would be appreciated.

Andy

Ouch.

Seems a bit odd that any software would need you to load different firmware onto a controller to make it 'compatible'. This is where the software should bend to the will of the controller not the other way around IMHO.

I've searched the interwebs on this subject & it seems that some guy on the mixvibes forum posted some files on a hosting site - who could literally have been anybody - saying the files were from ADJ. Very very risky.

Your best bet is going to be with ADJ tech support.

ADJ came through yesterday and emailed me the firmware, I re-flashed the VMS and all is well again.
    I liked the mixvibes software but at the expense of loosing compatibility with others I like to play with I think I will pass.
    What I did find strange was while vdj le had some compatibility It would not work with traktor at all.

Andy

Just the name has been enough to put me off trying mixvibes but seen as they're who make software for Pioneer maybe it's okay. The firmware thing is silly though. The vms is all midi not HID as far as I know so should just be a simple mapping job.

I'm more than happy with Mixxx for now. It's literally never faltered since I put an Rf choke on my controller usb cable

You'll have to excuse my ignorance here RF Choke? unless it's some thing similar to winding your speaker cables round a ferrite ring to stop the taxi's and cb'ers from coming through your speakers in times gone by.

Andy

Aye that's the kind of thing. Except it just clips around the cable. Loads of computer cables have a lump moulded onto them And this is doing the same thing. I had a couple of lock ups with my mc2000 then I noticed denon's own usb cable has a ferrite choke. Problem solved