Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What booth?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Oh come on, who hasn't played on a pool table at some time? I have many times.
    I have. Once or twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I have. Once or twice!

Yup - been there, seen it, done it (normally in Norwich for some reason).

I've set-up my playout stuff on pool tables, I've seen buffets served off them....they're actually quite versatile

I used to have a residency where I played from behind the bar with the kit on the food servery under the heat lamps (which were at least switched off) Nice glass booth.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I used to have a residency where I played from behind the bar with the kit on the food servery under the heat lamps (which were at least switched off) Nice glass booth.
    We do that every year when the hotel restaurant gets turned over to a 3rd party function room for Christmas nights.

Back in rural Somerset in the 70's and 80's I did many a functionin a barn or orchard with deck stands made from empty barrels and wooden table tops. Once I had ome old railway sleepers for company.

Looks like a hell of a lot of work to put up though

I'm trying something "new" for NYE. I've got some LED strips and a S2L controller for them, and put them around the front panels of my Equinox booth which will be covered with the white lycra cover.

The effect is actually quite good and not as tacky as it sounds....although I'm not 100% happy with it (there's a difference in the "warmth" between the left and the right due to the LED strips coming from different places). I'm sure it's only me that will notice it though.

IF it works as planned, then I'll invest in something similar with a DMX interface - I can see a lot of possibilities for this sort of thing. The big plus is that coupled with a T-Bar containing 2 moonflowers, 2 Swarms and a Megabar....my NYE setup is going to be up and running within 15 minutes of leaving the driver's seat, and back in the van within 10 mins of shutting down (I'll sort out the cables once I've had some sleep after that one ).

And provided Thoman get my bargain Rock 'n' Roller R12AT here on time....it's just one trip from van to dance floor

Still rock my DSB with a plain black cloth (too tight to replace the starcloth frontage).
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

And provided Thoman get my bargain Rock 'n' Roller R12AT here on time....it's just one trip from van to dance floor
    i think this is 12RT

Hmm just make sure no steps, no kerbs, rail at bottom of door, narrow entrance/two entrances close together/ steep ramp over steps --these are just some of the problems I have encountered with my excellent rock n roller--great but NOT ALWAYS.

No doubt you read the feedbacks.

Never used the brakes which are pretty hopeless, a friend broke a wheel on his.

Had to go down my garage and get them to take a big hammer to the lugs which bend and retain the end uprights---err upright.

Love mine but always have the trolley ready.