Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What booth?

Default What booth?

OK - I know this one's been asked in the past, but things move on and I've got some pennies to spend

I'm getting a much better reputation these days because of my Equinox booths (I have the full sized one and the Micron one....which I absolutely hate by the way - it's just too poky to work on). Plus at times, they're a pain to put together and don't always seem that sturdy (especially the big one which seems to have a lot of movement in it at times). I also have issues with the overhead kit on the big one in that the welds that hold the fixing bolts in place have all gone (and it's only 8 months old!). As for the bag.....don't even go there.

In a nutshell, I need to look slick and professional (and even classy), and have the space of somewhere between the two Equinox booths on the top.

The one thing I DO like about the Equinox booths is the side poles.When I get my second Jaguar MSD the plan is to mount them on the uprights that come with the overhead kit.

So, I'm on the market for a new booth

I've been watching the promo videos for the GloBooth - really doesn't appeal. Again, looks a faff to put together and I'm wondering how long it'll last regarding that plastic on the front getting kinked/ripped after a lot of use. With the lack of pricing information so far, I also suspect it's going to be expensive (and don't forget, they're only making 200 of them)

LiteConsole - I'm sort of swinging toward these at the moment. I know some of you use them.....what are they like in real life to put together, carry in/out, light up and space-wise? Seems like a lot of money for a booth BUT if they're resilient and quick to assemble....I may be converted so real life experiences would be appreciated. What are the benefits of one of those (apart from the look of them) over the Equinox booths in terms of rigidity/life expectancy and assembly time?

What I do like about the LiteConsoles is the possibility of adding a 50" screen into the front (I already own that bit), for if I eventually go for being a VDJ (some time down the road). Is it easy enough to take out the generic front panel and put the telly in, or does it have to be ordered and built to take the telly (are they two different models?)

A.N Other: What's out there at the moment? I'm working over the weekend of BPM so can't take Peter up on a sherry (or look at kit)

Budget - I can run to around the price of the LiteConsole (so around £700-£800 if necessary).

Open to ideas folks

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I've been watching the promo videos for the GloBooth - really doesn't appeal. Again, looks a faff to put together and I'm wondering how long it'll last regarding that plastic on the front getting kinked/ripped after a lot of use. With the lack of pricing information so far, I also suspect it's going to be expensive (and don't forget, they're only making 200 of them
    I followed it because the guy who's made it is local to me (partydexx) £2500... Or £1700 if your one of the first people to order.
    I personally don't see how 4 poles, Base, shelf, top and a velcro wrap and led lights totals more than £600 but I a m the guy who spent a whopping £50 for a folding table a bit of cloth and spent a couple of hours tailoring it. I would like a sturdy table topper as the one I made looks good but it flimsy. But you cannot beat my "booth" setup time though!

I've thought about booths but they seem very expensive, take longer to set up. Take up more room. Not as flexible. Can't put moving heads on them. They look good though but I'm okay haha

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I followed it because the guy who's made it is local to me (partydexx) £2500... Or £1700 if your one of the first people to order.
    I personally don't see how 4 poles, Base, shelf, top and a velcro wrap and led lights totals more than £600
    That price is a shocker! And....they obviously haven't sold the initial 20 yet, as 5 minutes ago you could still get the discounted offer (surprise surprise). It's caused a storm on a lot of Faceache groups as well.

It's not so much what it's made of - it's the fact it's going to be damaged very quickly that worries me personally....and for that reason...I'm out

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    That price is a shocker! And....they obviously haven't sold the initial 20 yet, as 5 minutes ago you could still get the discounted offer (surprise surprise). It's caused a storm on a lot of Faceache groups as well.

It's not so much what it's made of - it's the fact it's going to be damaged very quickly that worries me personally....and for that reason...I'm out
    I saw the GloBooth videos today & figured they might be going to charge a few hundred quid for it - as in under £500 but over TWO GRAND? Hahahaha. Somebody is looking to retire very early methinks. I quite like the look of it, but the covering worries me. It looks like it's acrylic sheet - the sort of stuff you can buy at art shops for a few quid - looks ace backlit but not after it's had a ding.

It's easy to see where they get their prices from though. Look at how much Ultimax charge for a 4 foot long bit carpet covered MDF!

Wonder if Grumpy Joe is gonna be at BPM...

I know Alan and Lucinda pretty well and looking at his previous designs for bikes etc. he certainly knows a thing or two about engineering. My friend Les has bought one if you want a second opinion and Alan also is demonstrating it at the next NADJ meeting in Andover next week. Not seen one myself and are more than happy with my screen, so can't comment personally, but it looks very snazzy! I was next to the guy who made the Lite Consol on the first Promobile Gala dinner and he put in so much time, effort and skill to making that booth so I am sure the same applies here.

http://www.djlesdickens.co.uk

Name:  11057230_1036524513034714_5525835815754567779_n.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  49.6 KBName:  11960087_1036524249701407_8029575687772600887_n.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  46.6 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 01-09-2015 at 05:55 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Two grand?! I hope that all on here haven't lost their sense of perspective (or perspex-ive if you like...) £2k for an insignificant plastic DJ booth is really quite absurd. As stated above, once this unit gets a little ding/scratch/crack, what then? And what's with the diminuitive size? If you're looking to fit all your kit in an Audi TT or Mini Cooper, I suggest you're not really taking mobile DJing seriously at all....
    DJ Ian Scott
    www.djianscott.com

"The Earth has music for those who listen."

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I know Alan and Lucinda pretty well and looking at his previous designs for bikes etc. he certainly knows a thing or two about engineering. My friend Les has bought one if you want a second opinion and Alan also is demonstrating it at the next NADJ meeting in Andover next week. Not seen one myself and are more than happy with my screen, so can't comment personally, but it looks very snazzy! I was next to the guy who made the Lite Consol on the first Promobile Gala dinner and he put in so much time, effort and skill to making that booth so I am sure the same applies here.

http://www.djlesdickens.co.uk

Name:  11960087_1036524249701407_8029575687772600887_n.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  46.6 KB
    Never mind the booth, check out the custom light fittings on the Bose....

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I was next to the guy who made the Lite Consol on the first Promobile Gala dinner and he put in so much time, effort and skill to making that booth so I am sure the same applies here.
    No doubt it does take a lot of time, I know a fair bit about product design and not to be funny it's no genius invention, it's good but any good DIY er could make one themselves in a week for £300 I RECKON a bit more if the shelves are acrylic and not metal. it's in the wrong market... If this was a bar unit to go into a house I'm sure plenty of wealthy people would love it. Maybe I should suggest that to them haha

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Ingenious idea of them to put a shelf on the top for drunks to sit their drinks on though

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Never mind the booth, check out the custom light fittings on the Bose....
    Took me a while to get that.

i have always been interested in creating a vintage type booth made of wood/leather and a shag pile rug with an old lamp etc.
    It would fit right into some of the old halls and stately buildings.

You could design a light show using edison bulbs etc.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/