Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What booth?

I have a Lite Console and LOVE it

It's actually just passed it's 1 year birthday.

I don't take the bottom or top slanted shelf or side panels with me to save on weight and set up time and I think they're actually selling pretty much this just now as a different version.

It's easy to set up - takes me about 1 minute now from case to set up. Bit longer to get down and packed away but still not too much off a faff.

The only issues are - 1 the UDG bags are garbage. I got mine with a massive discount but it's still a £150 piece of that I need to baby.

the other one (and this has only been an issue once in a venue with no lift and 3 flights of stairs) is that it's a bugger to get up any significant amount of stairs if you're on your own. Nothing buying a drink for a nice chap in the venue bar won't solve right enough

If youve got any other questions give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I have a Lite Console and LOVE it

It's actually just passed it's 1 year birthday.

I don't take the bottom or top slanted shelf or side panels with me to save on weight and set up time and I think they're actually selling pretty much this just now as a different version.

It's easy to set up - takes me about 1 minute now from case to set up. Bit longer to get down and packed away but still not too much off a faff.

The only issues are - 1 the UDG bags are garbage. I got mine with a massive discount but it's still a £150 piece of that I need to baby.

the other one (and this has only been an issue once in a venue with no lift and 3 flights of stairs) is that it's a bugger to get up any significant amount of stairs if you're on your own. Nothing buying a drink for a nice chap in the venue bar won't solve right enough

If youve got any other questions give me a shout.
    I carried the one in the promobile conference back to the exit and was quite shocked at the weight as I am used to a gorilla screen, which is about 1/4 lighter than the equinox. I can carry it on 2 fingers. Good for me as I use my cases as a booth.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I still use (and love) my deckstand booth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I still use (and love) my deckstand booth.
    I recently upgraded from a V1 to a V2. Lighter and more portable, but slightly longer to set up. My Ultimax Micromax seems to be getting the most outings lately, guess it's the venues I'm working.

The Equinox booth is very appealing, but in my humble opinion, there are a few niggles ( not using round 32mm uprights for a start! ).

I wonder if we shall see anything groundbreaking at BPM?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Over the years I’ve had an Ultimax stand, an AED booth and a LiteConsole XPRS.

Currently I use a Liteconsole XPRS Go which suits me perfectly as I play a lot of venues with limited space. It’s also the easiest to carry and quickest to put up of any of the stands/booths I’ve owned. It’s definitely been worth the money for me.

A thought occurs about this glowing booth, which is designed to make you look unique. Last wedding I did, the bar looks exactly like that. I've had a few bars of a similar nature, so much for individuality.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    A thought occurs about this glowing booth, which is designed to make you look unique. Last wedding I did, the bar looks exactly like that. I've had a few bars of a similar nature, so much for individuality.
    I've also had thoughts about it myself, the 'sale of goods act' states a product must be of merchantable quality and durable. The length of time a product need to survive to be considered durable, takes into account the cost of the product, and in view the £2000 price tag I think the manufacturers could well find themselves in trouble with the flimsy nature of the screen, sooner rather than later.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Oh yeah. The last thing you want is for somebody to come up to your booth asking for a tray of Jagerbombs. Like wot happened to me the other week. I do wish I could use my own booth instead of that pulpit the venue supplies

And is it just me or have GloBooth withdrawn a fair bit of their marketing from the book of faces in the last couple of days?

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Oh yeah. The last thing you want is for somebody to come up to your booth asking for a tray of Jagerbombs. Like wot happened to me the other week. I do wish I could use my own booth instead of that pulpit the venue supplies

And is it just me or have GloBooth withdrawn a fair bit of their marketing from the book of faces in the last couple of days?
    Maybe they've sold out!

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Over the years I’ve had an Ultimax stand, an AED booth and a LiteConsole XPRS.

Currently I use a Liteconsole XPRS Go which suits me perfectly as I play a lot of venues with limited space. It’s also the easiest to carry and quickest to put up of any of the stands/booths I’ve owned. It’s definitely been worth the money for me.

What do you transport the go in? I've thought about getting one for small areas, stairs, hard load ins etc... Bit I don't know what I'd put it in and would need to work out how to have fit 2 lappys and a controller on the shelf.