Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Middleham Hall, N. Yorks

Default Middleham Hall, N. Yorks

Anyone ever played here before? Somebody who took a card from me in the last couple of weeks has enquired about my availability next August at Middleham Hall. It'll be a marquee gig but I can't find out any kind of info about the venue other than where it is. I'll of course be asking plenty of followup questions while I'm still at the pre-booking stage. Promises to be a nice fee too. Named my price & he didn't even flinch. Yay for eye witness recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Anyone ever played here before? Somebody who took a card from me in the last couple of weeks has enquired about my availability next August at Middleham Hall. It'll be a marquee gig but I can't find out any kind of info about the venue other than where it is. I'll of course be asking plenty of followup questions while I'm still at the pre-booking stage. Promises to be a nice fee too. Named my price & he didn't even flinch. Yay for eye witness recommendations
    What info are you after ?

Standard marquee affair to be honest.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    What info are you after ?

Standard marquee affair to be honest.
    Whether there's flooring for the whole thing, how much actual room there is. Whether I have to load in & setup during the day... Is there a sound limiter, what kind of height clearance there is where the setup area is etc. Logistical questions really.

I've only played in a marquee once before, but that was more of a tent in the beer garden of a pub over 20 years ago, so no comparison really.

Whether there's flooring for the whole thing, how much actual room there is. Whether I have to load in & setup during the day... Is there a sound limiter, what kind of height clearance there is where the setup area is etc. Logistical questions really.

I've only played in a marquee once before, but that was more of a tent in the beer garden of a pub over 20 years ago, so no comparison really.
    No sound limiter
    Easy access - vehicle right up to marquee
    Looking at it length ways either side is quite low but (depending on where the dancefloor is) you can setup in the middle. The low bits are ok to get yourself and a booth in, but not a lighting tripod.
    They were very very flexible. I have only been there twice, and a couple of year ago now, but was there all day. However there would be no problem just setting up at night - only thing to consider is in a marquee they wont clear guests into another room

Also worth checking if they are having a starlit roof as this can affect what lighting you use.

No sound limiter
    Easy access - vehicle right up to marquee
    Looking at it length ways either side is quite low but (depending on where the dancefloor is) you can setup in the middle. The low bits are ok to get yourself and a booth in, but not a lighting tripod.
    They were very very flexible. I have only been there twice, and a couple of year ago now, but was there all day. However there would be no problem just setting up at night - only thing to consider is in a marquee they wont clear guests into another room

Also worth checking if they are having a starlit roof as this can affect what lighting you use.
    Thankyou very much Chris. No lighting tripod eh? I'm guessing my led par bar will still be useful as reflected wash lighting though. Time to buy a diddy floor stand maybe.

Thankyou very much Chris. No lighting tripod eh? I'm guessing my led par bar will still be useful as reflected wash lighting though. Time to buy a diddy floor stand maybe.
    Quite often in a marquee I use my lighting tripod away from where I am positioned - ie halfway up the dancefloor. It is a challenge with most marquees and Tipis I find

Quite often in a marquee I use my lighting tripod away from where I am positioned - ie halfway up the dancefloor. It is a challenge with most marquees and Tipis I find
    Agreed. The last few marquee gigs I've done, I've found uplighters to be the most useful lighting effect. A cluster laser pointed at the roof can be good. Although I don't like them, moving heads would seem to have a place.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Agreed. The last few marquee gigs I've done, I've found uplighters to be the most useful lighting effect. A cluster laser pointed at the roof can be good. Although I don't like them, moving heads would seem to have a place.
    With a nice big light canvas to play with (pun partly intended) any projected effect is going to be useful if the ceiling height is enough to achieve a wide spread I reckon. I tend to keep my gigabar down at about 30% of full brightness but by then I'll have invested in a 2nd LED PAR set.. maybe one I can split up. Maybe even a gigbar. Or maybe something I've not even seen yet