Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free alternative to Echosign

Default Free alternative to Echosign

Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Echosign.

I am looking for a way to get my booking forms signed, without having to pay a monthly fee.

What do you guy use. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]www.super-sonic.eu

If you have less than five per month, Echosign always used to be free, and linking it to something else doubled it. I don't know if this still applies.
    Whether there are free alternatives, I don't know, but for what it costs, I'm more than happy with Echosign.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    If you have less than five per month, Echosign always used to be free, and linking it to something else doubled it. I don't know if this still applies.
    Whether there are free alternatives, I don't know, but for what it costs, I'm more than happy with Echosign.
    Adobe now call it something else & the entry bar is just under £15 a month. No freebies for UK individual users anymore.

I'm going to need a system for e-signing too but I'd hesitate to fork out that much dosh.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Having your clients electronically type their names onto your booking agreement (via Word, for example) is as legally binding as a signature (the document can be electronically linked to the computer they used, thus proving it's they who 'signed').

I was sceptical when I first heard that but I have a friend who is a solicitor who he helped me with the ins and outs of my booking agreement, and he confirmed this to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Adobe now call it something else & the entry bar is just under £15 a month. No freebies for UK individual users anymore.

I'm going to need a system for e-signing too but I'd hesitate to fork out that much dosh.
    Don't quote me, but if I understand it right, it's $12.99 a month ( £10 ??? ) and that gives you a full version of Acrobat.

I can't find my billing details, but I also think I'm paying a lot less than that, perhaps because I was already a customer?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Don't quote me, but if I understand it right, it's $12.99 a month ( £10 ??? ) and that gives you a full version of Acrobat.

I can't find my billing details, but I also think I'm paying a lot less than that, perhaps because I was already a customer?
    20 per month, standard subscription. Or if you pay in yearly lumps, £11,42 per month.

Http://acrobat.adobe.com/uk/en/pricing/pricing.html

This doesn't actually seem that bad, but right now I'm thinking "do I really need this?".

I can create fillable pdf forms with Libre Office, and if as Benny says the reader program signs the doc, job done. All adobe are doing is taking a fee for being the middleman.
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 09-09-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Having your clients electronically type their names onto your booking agreement (via Word, for example) is as legally binding as a signature (the document can be electronically linked to the computer they used, thus proving it's they who 'signed').

I was sceptical when I first heard that but I have a friend who is a solicitor who he helped me with the ins and outs of my booking agreement, and he confirmed this to be true.
    Controversial post coming up.

To go one step further I have also been told by a solicitor that a signature is not necessary provided a trail of agreement is present ie emails back and forth.

For the past year I have not had any signatures on agreements. I simply send out a filled in booking form together with T&C for the client to check and they send an email back agreeing and saying the deposit has been paid - anything for an easy life lol.

On the grand scheme of things, for me it is not worth the hassle. Realistically if someone is going to cancel and refuse to pay I am not going to go down the route of chasing the money and risk being slated on Facebook. The 2 cancellations I have had this year have both paid without any problems.

Bigger contracts I revert back to good old pen and paper for signatures as they are few and far between obviously.

I've tried echosign etc but found a lot of people got confused by it, I make my booking process as simple as possible.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Controversial post coming up.

I've tried echosign etc but found a lot of people got confused by it, I make my booking process as simple as possible.
    I think I've had about three misfires in over a hundred. One where the client's firewall wouldn't let Echosign in. Similar amount of confused clients, but an overwhelming number who were very impressed.

Only thing I'm noticing is an increase in people replying to the Echosign email, rather than to my address. I might have to put a note somewhere about that. On the rare occasions I've used Royal Mail, it brings it home how inefficient that is.

Add in an inventory of all documents sent, sogned and cancelled, well I shan't be changing any time soon.

Since when does Echosign charge you? I've not noticed that.

I've just checked and I've had 480 completed agreements on there and can remember three people who had an issue with "type your name in the box and it will generate a signature for you". For the money it's great and provides an online backup of all your contracts. Not sure I'd trust a free software to manage agreements with financial information etc... considering it's a pretty low fee.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk