Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free alternative to Echosign

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Since when does Echosign charge you? I've not noticed that.
    Perhaps the charge is only for new free customers, and they're honouring the free deal for those that signed up prior to Adobe's acquisition of Echosign?

I'm a fan of Echosign, or Adobe Document Cloud eSign Services (as it's now known). Moving to an eSign service totally revolutionised my booking process. It wasn't unknown to take 2 or 3 weeks in the past to send booking forms out, wait on their return with a cheque, wait for the cheque to clear etc. It could be quite a rigmarole. And a nightmare the few times booking forms had got "lost in the post"

Now it's not unusual to have a signed form, payment in the bank and booking completely finalised within half an hour. At the relatively small cost it is, it's good value for me.

As for free alternatives. I wouldn't know where to look, so unfortunately can't offer any advice, sorry.
    Last edited by Shaun; 09-09-2015 at 03:48 PM.

The free Adobe Reader (from v11 I think) allows you to sign digital documents. I was doing it this way for a while as most people would have this one their computers and it was a ten second task to type your name in to the box (that you'd set up when you created the document) and then save it ready to email back to you.

However, ...

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Controversial post coming up.

To go one step further I have also been told by a solicitor that a signature is not necessary provided a trail of agreement is present ie emails back and forth.

For the past year I have not had any signatures on agreements. I simply send out a filled in booking form together with T&C for the client to check and they send an email back agreeing and saying the deposit has been paid - anything for an easy life lol.On the grand scheme of things, for me it is not worth the hassle. Realistically if someone is going to cancel and refuse to pay I am not going to go down the route of chasing the money and risk being slated on Facebook. The 2 cancellations I have had this year have both paid without any problems.

Bigger contracts I revert back to good old pen and paper for signatures as they are few and far between obviously.

I've tried echosign etc but found a lot of people got confused by it, I make my booking process as simple as possible.
    However, I also realised that you just need them to accept your terms and this can be done by them emailing you "I accept your terms and, as you requested, I've transferred the NRBF to your account.". Agreement obtained and all done and dusted!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I love Adobe Document Cloud eSign and being only around £120 its peanuts over a year.

Just double checked how much I pay for echosign or "Send for Signature" as it's now called and it's $1.99

I signed up for Echosign after being shown it on one of our Benidorm networking events and a t the time it was approx $19 ish. Adobe then made the new system and I was changed to this package for $1.99, exactly the same as what as I was getting with echosign.

Here's the link for you https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/prod...signature.html
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Just double checked how much I pay for echosign or "Send for Signature" as it's now called and it's $1.99

I signed up for Echosign after being shown it on one of our Benidorm networking events and a t the time it was approx $19 ish. Adobe then made the new system and I was changed to this package for $1.99, exactly the same as what as I was getting with echosign.

Here's the link for you https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/prod...signature.html
    Aha! Brilliant!

You don't need Acrobarf just to make a PDF (I have a grudge against Adobe, for Flash among other things). I have no trouble using LibreOffice (free as in FREE BEER!) to make PDF forms & it's pretty much completely compatible with MS Office. I've done some pretty complex stuff with LibreOffice over the years - and sent it to customers (in my day job) using MS Office & had no issues at all.

Just make the doc/form in LibreOffice, go to the file menu & select 'export as PDF'. Simples!

Quote Originally Posted by super-hero View Post
    Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Echosign.

I am looking for a way to get my booking forms signed, without having to pay a monthly fee.

What do you guy use. Thanks.
    How funny, we all moan about sixty quid sids and how no one wants to pay for a decent DJ... and then we want someone to code, host and support a website for a vital service (e-signature) for free...

Let me reword the request...

Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Royal Mail.

I am looking for a way to get my booking forms posted, without having to pay for a stamp.

Sounds silly like that doesn't it...!

I'm using Signable.co.uk which you buy credits for. From memory if you buy a minimal number of credits it's £1 per signing, if you buy more the price goes down from there. I've only had one misfire out of about 80 on there, for some reason the customer just never got the emails from the service so we reverted to paper.

On the subject of what is and isn't legally enforceable... I've only had one booking where I've had a cancellation and I've had to enforce my booking terms and it was a dry hire. Because dry hire's aren't generally worth much to me, I don't tend to go down the route of contracts and deposits, but I do take a home address and contact number and I make sure that I iterate that customers should read my terms and conditions of hire which are publicly available on my website. If customers cancel, I usually don't cry about it, but I had one earlier this year where the bride booked the hire and told the groom to arrange to collect it, then the groom booked a time to come and collect and didn't show, and then emailed an hour later to tell me someone else was coming to collect and then emailed again to say someone else was coming and then eventually at 4:30pm I received a voice mail from the bride telling that they'd found someone else. One strongly worded email later about how I will enforce my cancellation terms (100% payable if cancellation less than 14d before the event) and they paid in full once they returned from their honeymoon.

Would it have stood up in court? Quite possibly, as I had an email trail showing that I had made the cancellation policy quite clear and then I had emails from them showing their intent to go ahead right up to the day itself.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    How funny, we all moan about sixty quid sids and how no one wants to pay for a decent DJ... and then we want someone to code, host and support a website for a vital service (e-signature) for free...

Let me reword the request...

Can anyone recommend a free alternative to Royal Mail.

I am looking for a way to get my booking forms posted, without having to pay for a stamp.

Sounds silly like that doesn't it...!
    I think you're very wide of the mark here. In today's economic environment it makes sense to reduce your overheads and if you can use a free service to help with the administration of your business then all the better. There are free and paid-for options and each has it's place. It's up to the user which one suits their needs best. Let's remember, the "free" option is usually a feature-limited, cut-down version of the real thing. Free options as used to demo the full product in the hope that people decide to upgrade.

Also, there is a free alternative to Royal Mail for sending out your paperwork. It's called electronic mail but is better known as "email"!!

Let's look at this a different way. When a lightbulb goes in your lights - disco or even home domestic - do you call in a qualified electrician or do you change it yourself? In theory, it's an electrical issue so the electrician would be the best person to do the job. However, I'd happily bet a cup of coffee that you replace that lamp yourself. It's quicker, easier, and you don't have to pay yourself for labour costs. And, the quality of your work in changing that lightbulb is likely to be on a par with the electrician because it's a relatively simple procedure. DJing is not. Experience and skill counts in the entertainment industry which is why we just want a fair fee for the work we do. And our work is likely to be a lot better, in terms of good customer experience, than that of a Sid!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I think you're very wide of the mark here. In today's economic environment it makes sense to reduce your overheads and if you can use a free service to help with the administration of your business then all the better.
    I know I was being very black and white about it, and a little tongue in cheek, but let's not forget the reason we get an e-signature - a backup in case anything goes wrong. When you need to use that e-signature, it's worth ensuring that the service you are using was suitable for it.

!
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I think you're very wide of the mark here. I
    Actually, I think he's spot on. As Professionals, we should be using the most suitable tool for the job, at the best price. I'm all for cost saving, but it's a false economy if for some reason, when you need it most, there's a bit missing. I believe that when standing up in front of whatever judging body you end up with, telling them you use a fully paid for professional system for contracts stands you in better stead than " Well I use this bit of free software, and I make sure I send plenty of emails asking them to confirm they want to book Slippery Sid's Stunning Sounds " .
    Doesn't matter what you use ninety nine times out of a hundred, but when the solids hit the air conditioning, I want my argument to withstand close inspection.

I know I was being very black and white about it, and a little tongue in cheek,
    Nothing wrong with that son, ah say nothing wrong with that. F Leghorn.

but let's not forget the reason we get an e-signature - a backup in case anything goes wrong. When you need to use that e-signature, it's worth ensuring that the service you are using was suitable for it.
    Exactamundo.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk