Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free alternative to Echosign

Default Bring out your dead!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Just double checked how much I pay for echosign or "Send for Signature" as it's now called and it's $1.99

I signed up for Echosign after being shown it on one of our Benidorm networking events and at the time it was approx $19 ish. Adobe then made the new system and I was changed to this package for $1.99, exactly the same as what as I was getting with echosign.

Here's the link for you https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/prod...signature.html
    Well today's email from Adobe made me choke on my cornflakes! Like Paul, I had signed up for the paid Echosign, after exceeding my free allowance ( which used to be five per thirty days, ten if you linked it to Facebook, or something).

Adobe then slashed it to a couple of quid a month, until this morning. Wow! If I pay monthly, it's £15 per month. Paying the whole wodge upfront drops it to £10. Currently, neither option looks particularly attractive. I can see me biting the bullet, but I'm not a happy bunny.

Thoughts/alternatives, anyone?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

According to a few people an electronic signature can be a tickbox. The system I currently use called MDJM sits on WordPress, has online payment gateways & accepts signing of contracts by customers. The only snag is, its developer seems to have gone AWOL so I'm in the process of swapping over to DJEP which offers all these things and more. I'm so averse to spending money I could be from further North but I reckon it's a price worth paying. If the shills at Adobe want 15 quid a month just for contract signatures you could argue it'd be worth migrating to DJEP or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Thoughts/alternatives, anyone?
    No idea what they're like, but I dismissed a notification from Dropbox the other day, which was touting some digital signing software. Having a dig around it could have been https://www.hellosign.com or https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/app-integrations/docusign, they seem to have two on the go...or are at least partnered with more than one...?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I'm going to chat to my web guys when I launch the photography website for a page on my website (that can only be accessed from a link that I send) with the Terms Of Business on it and underneath that, a form to fill out their names, contact numbers, email, postal address, venue, date etc. Once sent, they'll get a copy via email and I'll get one too. Should be easy enough, I'd have thunked?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I'm going to chat to my web guys when I launch the photography website for a page on my website (that can only be accessed from a link that I send) with the Terms Of Business on it and underneath that, a form to fill out their names, contact numbers, email, postal address, venue, date etc. Once sent, they'll get a copy via email and I'll get one too. Should be easy enough, I'd have thunked?
    Easy to do, it's just a form at the end of the day. But will it stand up legally if you ever need it to?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    . If the shills at Adobe want 15 quid a month just for contract signatures you could argue it'd be worth migrating to DJEP or similar.
    Your logic and financial acumen are spot on. Sadly, having spoken to someone who knows about these things, DJEP is a step too far for an old git who struggles with technology sometimes. Were I even ten years younger, I think I might consider it, but it could easily turn out that it's simply too complicated to implement in a short timeframe. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    No idea what they're like, but I dismissed a notification from Dropbox the other day, which was touting some digital signing software. Having a dig around it could have been https://www.hellosign.com or https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/app-integrations/docusign, they seem to have two on the go...or are at least partnered with more than one...?
    Marc, thanks for the links, I looked at these. Hellosign is promising, but sadly, not a lot cheaper. If I pay upfront, I think it's the same price, having converted dollars to pounds. Dropbox is good news, bad news.
    Good news, £10 per month.
    Bad news, per user, minimum three users.

Thanks everyone, looks like if only for continuity, I will have to fork out to Adobe. I think there might be an introductory discount, but I think I have to sign up to the new scheme first to find out what it is. At that point, I guess I choose free or paid. I'll keep you posted.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Easy to do, it's just a form at the end of the day. But will it stand up legally if you ever need it to?
    This is what you're really paying for by using a 3rd party - an independently verifiable source of truth that can't be refuted.

I used to use signable.co.uk - You can either pay as you go for £1/form or subscribe for 50 forms for £19/month. It used to work out OK for me as the number of signatures were quite small. If you Google there's a whole host of others providing signing services now. Hopefully a bit of competition will drive down some of the pricing!

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    This is what you're really paying for by using a 3rd party - an independently verifiable source of truth that can't be refuted.

Julian
    For the kind of fees we're talking about Vs the cost of subscription Vs what we stand to win should anything go to court , taking into account how often we'd end up needing to raise an issue...and the likelihood of actually GETTING what we're due I really don't think 15 quid a month for (for me) up to 8 forms is really worth it Vs a client ticking a box. Could it be falsified? Probably but could I be bothered to? Meh nope. Customer who doesn't tick the box gets chased til they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    For the kind of fees we're talking about Vs the cost of subscription Vs what we stand to win should anything go to court , taking into account how often we'd end up needing to raise an issue...and the likelihood of actually GETTING what we're due I really don't think 15 quid a month for (for me) up to 8 forms is really worth it Vs a client ticking a box. Could it be falsified? Probably but could I be bothered to? Meh nope. Customer who doesn't tick the box gets chased til they do.
    No signey, no bookey.

like Justin i'm on MDJM which i love, i couldn't do the amount i do now without it however that's also now my problem seeing as i may have to migrate to DJEP since the developer has vanished. However with about 75 live bookings to transfer over alongside a new CRM to learn its not a task i'm wanting to rush into, considering the current one still works (for now).
    North East Wedding DJ - www.stevenmaddison.co.uk - TWIA Regional Finalist 2019 & 2020 - The Wedding Business Awards Wedding DJ of the year (North East Region)