Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Free alternative to Echosign

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post

like Justin i'm on MDJM which i love, i couldn't do the amount i do now without it however that's also now my problem seeing as i may have to migrate to DJEP since the developer has vanished. However with about 75 live bookings to transfer over alongside a new CRM to learn its not a task i'm wanting to rush into, considering the current one still works (for now).
    I know you have mentioned that before - I am in the same process, but have decided to run 2 systems until next April, on the basis that most people April onwards haven't yet started to fill in details. Also means the majority of bookings taken will have passed by then. About 100 to transfer and took me a day to do - but was mind numbingly boring, if I could have found somebody I would have paid someone to do it

I don't like any of their CRM so luckily managed to dodge any new learning in that respect lol.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Easy to do, it's just a form at the end of the day. But will it stand up legally if you ever need it to?
    From a legal standpoint (and my knowledge of this is a few years old now, so will need to research any updates), you can send an email to a client with your terms and if they reply with "Yup, dats cool, yo!" then that is binding. The process I'm proposing would essentially be the same, but using the website instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    From a legal standpoint (and my knowledge of this is a few years old now, so will need to research any updates), you can send an email to a client with your terms and if they reply with "Yup, dats cool, yo!" then that is binding. The process I'm proposing would essentially be the same, but using the website instead.
    Email I don't have issue with, yes they are legally binding, just ask this guy!

What I suspect would be harder to prove, if push came to shove, is that an email initiated from submitting a form on your own website's server would be binding. Even if the URL is secret, is it unique to each client? Even if it is, what's to say it's not their partner / mother / dog who filled in the form? All you have as proof is perhaps the IP address of whoever filled in the form, but as that's on your own server / form processor that's arguably very easy for you to fake.

So it becomes more complicated than a simple form behind a simple link.
    Last edited by Marc J; 21-11-2019 at 05:13 PM. Reason: speeling!

I've heard people mention these guys, might be worth checking out? https://www.signable.co.uk/

From what I can see, I've not had any comms to say my echosign is going up in price that much.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I've heard people mention these guys, might be worth checking out? https://www.signable.co.uk/

From what I can see, I've not had any comms to say my echosign is going up in price that much.
    I got the email yesterday. Are you perhaps on some sort of higher plan, which isn't being streamlined/rationalised/assimilated?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk