Had a couple of these instances lately, When a customer gets a quote for a private party, then states that's is a wedding after. Pretty cheeky I think!

The first a few months ago, Someone called looking for a DJ for 5 hours in the evening and started with "whats the price, whats the price" Not interested in the service chat. So I said whats the event? "well its just a small thing, you know?!" No I dont know??? "Its a wedding but just 50 people, no first dance no need for anything wedding wise" Gave them a wedding quote! Ohh no thats too much, I am looking for someone for £100 quid. Ok Jog on then!!

The best, this week, Emailed back for a wee private party, gave a quote, then they said "can I mood light the room" , I said yeah of course , this is the price. Then as they kept asking to pay the deposit, I said I need more info? Ie type of party? your contact details apart from email.

"Ohhh its a wedding reception, but just a big party really as we are getting married in mexico". Ohh is that right?? well guess what, you werent quoted for a wedding reception. Here is yer quote!

What are people on these days? To be honest I couldnt care less if they go somewhere else, I just worry for the other DJ who turns up and figures out its not a private party but a wedding reception, has this ever happened to anyone??