Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: My view on client meetings

Quick wee update -

I mentioned that once my prices hit a certain level there was a noticeable increase in people who wanted to meet prior to booking which is fine.

I've also noticed in the past few months a marked drop in clients who want to physically meet before the wedding. Wether that's because they're time poor in the run up or they don't feel it's needed is anyone's guess.

If I had less a truckload of paperwork to deal with day in and day out in the teaching job (which, now and again, I actually get to teach instead of doing said paper work ) I would sit down and work it out but I reckon with this recent swing, I'm most likely spending less times on meets and clients than before even with more pre-booking meets :idk:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Quick wee update -

I mentioned that once my prices hit a certain level there was a noticeable increase in people who wanted to meet prior to booking which is fine.

I've also noticed in the past few months a marked drop in clients who want to physically meet before the wedding. Wether that's because they're time poor in the run up or they don't feel it's needed is anyone's guess.

If I had less a truckload of paperwork to deal with day in and day out in the teaching job (which, now and again, I actually get to teach instead of doing said paper work ) I would sit down and work it out but I reckon with this recent swing, I'm most likely spending less times on meets and clients than before even with more pre-booking meets :idk:
    I've noticed that swing myself to be honest Jim, but slightly differently.....

I've done more weddings this year where the client hasn't wanted to meet between booking and the big day to discuss (my normal routine is take the booking after a quick discussion over the phone or email and then meet 4-6 weeks before the big day to go over the finer details of the day). Most of these are happy to complete all of the details for the day online via DJEP, with just a quick follow up a couple of weeks before the wedding via email or telephone to confirm everything and double check stuff I'm maybe not clear on.

That said, since I put my own prices up, I've had more than ever before that want to meet BEFORE making the actual booking (and I've currently got a 100% hit rate on those).

I am having a lot of people book me without meeting me this year (opposed to previous years), despite it being offered. I can only assume that they have been reccomeded and are happy with the website and what we have to offer. I also have the prices on my site, so am only getting solid enquiries now. Someone booked for £1900+ last night, I had to double check as i would have thought they would want to meet parting with cash like that, but no. I still want to meet them in the next couple of weeks though as its an all day booking with Photo Booth.

Its saving me an aweful amount of time, something i don't have a lot of at present, so I am happy. Roll on when each house has a hollodeck, that will make life easier still.
    Last edited by yourdj; 23-08-2017 at 07:48 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    26 gigs, no probs, but not at such inflated prices*

*For our newer readers, I must point out that this is a running gag, which children such as myself never tire of.

We'll keep on running.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I am having a lot of people book me without meeting me this year (opposed to previous years), despite it being offered. I can only assume that they have been reccomeded and are happy with the website and what we have to offer. I also have the prices on my site, so am only getting solid enquiries now. Someone booked for £1900+ last night, I had to double check as i would have thought they would want to meet parting with cash like that, but no. I still want to meet them in the next couple of weeks though as its an all day booking with Photo Booth.

Its saving me an aweful amount of time, something i don't have a lot of at present, so I am happy. Roll on when each house has a hollodeck, that will make life easier still.
    My crap SEO does a good job of weeding out the non serious enquiries

Ended up with 3 this week for potential clients.

2 reasonably local, another in Edinburgh.

I have a venue recce to do for a James Blunt of a load in in Edinburgh so I don't mind the drive through there and all in these are potentially close to £2k in bookings, more if they take on the half or full day packages so it's all good.

Ended up with 3 this week for potential clients.

2 reasonably local, another in Edinburgh.

I have a venue recce to do for a James Blunt of a load in in Edinburgh so I don't mind the drive through there and all in these are potentially close to £2k in bookings, more if they take on the half or full day packages so it's all good.
    I had 2 this week - both (I thought) were disasters.

1. Turned up for meeting in Costa in the morning, offered to pay for the coffee and my debit card wouldn't authorise the payment. Luckily had another which did, however when they are booking (they did book) and paying a 4 figure sum for a days work it was rather embarrasing. Need to pay myself in future lol.

2. Second one we were chatting football for a while at the start, I was en-route to a match after the meeting. Thought they supported the same team - turned out they supported the biggest rivals and were very passionate too. Chatting about the venue for a while, then the penny dropped, I had the wrong venue in my head - don't think they realised. Still, they booked though
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I had 2 this week - both (I thought) were disasters.

1. Turned up for meeting in Costa in the morning, offered to pay for the coffee and my debit card wouldn't authorise the payment. Luckily had another which did, however when they are booking (they did book) and paying a 4 figure sum for a days work it was rather embarrasing. Need to pay myself in future lol.

2. Second one we were chatting football for a while at the start, I was en-route to a match after the meeting. Thought they supported the same team - turned out they supported the biggest rivals and were very passionate too. Chatting about the venue for a while, then the penny dropped, I had the wrong venue in my head - don't think they realised. Still, they booked though
    1) Most places still accept coin of the realm. One cashier in the petrol station was positively delighted to see cash for once!
    2) I once had a wedding reception full of Scousers, and forgot there were two teams. In those days, I used to finish with You'll never Walk Alone. Lived to tell.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

We all have our own ways or gathering information, stops us being too similar.

For me I'm not a big salesman so don't really do the selling meetings. I do like to provide good customer service and a booking journey however so clients are sent a proper made booklet to complete about their wedding and i'm happy to meet with them for a friendly chat about their wedding closer to the date. I try not to book and forget about clients, and with some now booking up to two years in advance this can be a long process.

Not all of my clients choose to have a meeting which saves me time and money but they do know Im at the end of the phone or email almost all of the time.
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Sure I mentioned this particular client earlier in the thread:

I've spent most of the day (and a pubic hair under 300 miles) driving to Aberdeen and back for a meet.

All day wedding which is paying the mortgage until the Spring so I can live with the 5 hours on the road + meeting time.

You know what's more important than the dough though? I now know, with extreme detail everything that is going on during the day so there'll be no surprises or anything to trip me up and, more importantly, my clients are confident and comfortable that the music and MCing is in safe and capable hands.