Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: My view on client meetings

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Sure I mentioned this particular client earlier in the thread:

I've spent most of the day (and a pubic hair under 300 miles) driving to Aberdeen and back for a meet.

All day wedding which is paying the mortgage until the Spring so I can live with the 5 hours on the road + meeting time.

You know what's more important than the dough though? I now know, with extreme detail everything that is going on during the day so there'll be no surprises or anything to trip me up and, more importantly, my clients are confident and comfortable that the music and MCing is in safe and capable hands.
    Nice one Jim....and about 200 miles further than I've ever travelled for a meeting before.
    What you say is right though....and the reason I prefer to meet up. It's surprising just how much can come from such a meeting.

OK - the vast majority of mine are more of a getting to know you type of meeting with nothing out of the ordinary planned. I've had a couple recently though where by meeting up we've managed to turn an ember of an idea into something that will be remembered for a long time - well worth my time when that happens.

I had an interesting meeting a few weeks ago. The first meeting I arrive and wait for 30 minutes with their phone ringing to voicemail. No answer so I go home and get a text message - can we reschedule, we got our dates wrong. .. Hmm okay then, no apology but fine, rescheduled it for next week.
    I misjudged the traffic for the second meeting and arrived 5 minutes late to a couple and their friend, the friend seemed massively unimpressed that I was late and was a bit rude about it after I apologised. Bizarre, they never apologised about the no-show.

I didn't get the job and to be honest I'm glad about that, if I'd not suggested a meeting I feel I could have regretted allowing the booking as they seemed the types that'd give me a right headache on the day.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I had an interesting meeting a few weeks ago. The first meeting I arrive and wait for 30 minutes with their phone ringing to voicemail. No answer so I go home and get a text message - can we reschedule, we got our dates wrong. .. Hmm okay then, no apology but fine, rescheduled it for next week.
    I misjudged the traffic for the second meeting and arrived 5 minutes late to a couple and their friend, the friend seemed massively unimpressed that I was late and was a bit rude about it after I apologised. Bizarre, they never apologised about the no-show.

I didn't get the job and to be honest I'm glad about that, if I'd not suggested a meeting I feel I could have regretted allowing the booking as they seemed the types that'd give me a right headache on the day.

I always get in touch a day out to double check everything is still on.

Tbh if I'd had a pre booking no show I really doubt I'd reschedule. Manners to call off cost all, my time and energy doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I always get in touch a day out to double check everything is still on.

Tbh if I'd had a pre booking no show I really doubt I'd reschedule. Manners to call off cost all, my time and energy doesn't.
    I agree I cannot imagine being that rude. It was only a couple of miles away so I wasn't too bothered. If it'd been 10 miles or something I'd have asked them to book before we reschedule.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD