Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
I never really worried about retrieving the content as the Archive.org/web has a copy most websites. So I was able to get the data back.....

My website host also owned the domain name.... so I couldn't quickly redirect it to another site. Just from having no web presence for over 3 weeks cause my old domain lee-live.com to be de-ranked!! If I had been able to save that sooner I wouldn't have had so lost first page listing.

All the best

Don't rely on archive.org. One thing it's not very good at is image caching, and secondly you'll be lucky if it archives every page. No, pre-emptive backup is the best plan. You don't even have to do it every night or every week - just whenever you make changes. Backups have saved my bacon more than twice. Oh, and don't just think you can manually save all your site from home either. if it's based on a Content Management System you need a backup of all its files AND the database. Most CMS have free backing up tools available, so install em & make use of them. Even if your web service provider includes 'free' backups as part of your plan, do your own too. For the effort involved, it could save you a hell of a lot of time & bother in the long run