Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Playlist problems - VDJ 8 & iTunes 12 on MacBook.

Default Playlist problems - VDJ 8 & iTunes 12 on MacBook.

Question regarding VDJ 8 & iTunes 12 on MacBook.

I have just installed a new 1Tb SSD drive on my MacBook Pro (V. Fast .) I figured i'd start with a nice clean install of both the operating system (Yosemite 10.10.5) and the software (VDJ 8 Build 2465.1057 & iTunes 12.3.0.44).

The problem is that my iTunes library and iTunes playlists are not showing in the VDJ 8 browser. I've had a scan online and it would appear that there have been some problems with this relating to iTunes 12 not using an .xml file anymore (which is what VDJ searches for. However, the posts for this problem all relate back to 2014 and i've tried the most common suggested solution which is renaming the 'iTunes library' file to 'iTunes Music Library'. There's something about iTunes no longer using an xml file which is apparently what VDJ8 uses to link the playlists etc into its browser. I would have thought after almost 12 months there would be a solution out there somewhere.

Has anyone come across this and does anyone know of a workaround or fix?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Jem

I am interested in this as I have the same issue in my back up laptop. Main playout fine just the back up.

My backup runs on a windows7 laptop though.

Having compared the files for the main playout (that does work) and back up which doesn't, the main iTunes folder has 7 files while on the backup only 6. the difference, the 7th file, is a .xml file.
    Last edited by DJColsie; 24-09-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Well, after more searching i've found the answer .

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/2031...tibility_.html

Just followed the instructions about setting preferences to share the xml library and all is now good and iTunes (and all my playlists) are available in VDJ 8.

I hope this may help others who stumble across this thread in the future.