Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: RCF 732a & 735a

Default RCF 732a & 735a

Looking to replace my top cabs and stumbled upon RCF's new line of 732a & 735a. I understand how difficult it is to get that bottom end sound of a sub whilst a speaker is on a stand but could these prove to be a compromise ?

Their video on youtube has me believe so !

The fact that these have a 1.4" Neo compression driver / 2" exit and a 3" voice coil mated with a 12" or 15" woofer with 3" voice coil makes me really intrigued to hear these babies.

They are also running crossovers at 900hz.........

Has anyone had the chance to hear these at any recent shows ect ? I have no RCF dealer within 100 miles of me and I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has anything to say about them.

I would need to make a trip before purchase but just thought I would through it out there on the off chance of someone having some input on them.

Thanks ;-)

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I heard them at BPM. I thought that they sounded great, but not enough to make me consider upgrading them from my 712s.

How do you find the 712's Benny ? Is it possible to use a pair without subs for around 100 people ?

I am upgrading my backup from a pair of the original DB Opera Live 402's ( Not the digital version )

I plan to keep my DB SUB15, So could always use this for bigger events with the 712's if needed.

Any info would be gratefully received, The difference in price is a pair of moving heads !

Really wish it was handier for me to go get a listen.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgldisco View Post
    How do you find the 712's Benny ? Is it possible to use a pair without subs for around 100 people ?

I am upgrading my backup from a pair of the original DB Opera Live 402's ( Not the digital version )

I plan to keep my DB SUB15, So could always use this for bigger events with the 712's if needed.

Any info would be gratefully received, The difference in price is a pair of moving heads !

Really wish it was handier for me to go get a listen.
    Using the 712's is doable for 100 guests. I always use subs unless access is an absolute pain or I'm doing a residential gig. I've done it before for guests of about 120. I wasn't overly chuffed about doing it, but that was probably me missing the bass from my subs.

Because I have the 712s, I wouldn't upgrade. If I didn't have the 712s, I'd probably be more inclined to buy the 732s. You're looking at what...£200 price difference per speaker? I'd need 'em side by side to make a decision but what I heard at BPM didn't make me throw my 712s to one side and scream: