Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Equinox Gigabar

Default Equinox Gigabar

Hi,
    I came across this forum whilst looking for a solution to a problem:
    I have 2 Prolight Equinox giga bars which I've been trying to get to mirror each other for use on either side of a stage. I Q'd Prolight regarding the "flow invert" function and it is supposed to reverse the direction of a chase. It does, but only when the units (gigabars) are operating independently i.e. no DMX, no slave control. Didn't work for me...they can go out of phase unless operating in Slave mode.
    So... I have just taken one of the bars apart, and swapped the internal plugs around so that LED1 is driven from the pcb socket labelled LED4, etc.
    Worked a treat! If you are going to try this, please read the rest of this first.

It's a little tricky, but if you remove the lamp units and then the end-caps on the bar, then prize the sides apart slightly, the control panel can be "popped" out. (Obviously remove all exterior cables, power etc first!)
    The 3 pin connector to the IR detector needs to be removed to enable the control panel to be flipped over.(I used a stanley blade to cut the glue off between the receptacle and the connector - you'll also need to cut the glue between the connectors that drive the lamps too - a steady hand required for that bit!)
    If you follow the flex from one of the lamps, it'll take you to a circuit board where all 4 leads attach via removable connectors. This is the only circuit board you need to work on.
    I removed a couple of cable ties to give a bit of freedom, then swapped the 4 LED leads around, LED 1 with LED 4 , LED 2 with LED 3. The circuit board is labelled LED1, LED2 etc which makes the swapping easy.
    Re-assembly was even easier than removing of the panel, and if you cut the cable ties in the right place you can re-use them.
    If you're not used to opening-up gear, this might be a job for your local repair shop (allow an hour).

Dicky's gonna love you!!

As you're new to the forum (and you've posted in the right place in the Newbie's section!) could you just tell us a little bit more about yourself? Just a brief history from the date you were born right up to date will do!!

Only kidding! But we DJs are a nosey bunch and like to know a bit about who were are talking with. So it would be great if you could just add a few lines by way of introduction
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Brother Dazzy is correct in every respect, especially about Dicky.

I'll get in a pre-emptive strike:
    Hello and Richard. We look forward to hearing more from and about you.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

i think prolight are looking to release and new software version for this unit. Would be worth giving them a call

Sounds like fun
    Welcome along!!