Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Extra Time!

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post

I wonder if the extra time money was a mis-communication? The £35 per half hour could easily be passed on as £30 for the extra time to him by his wife (or that’s what he thought he heard),
    Thats what I said and was probably the case (this was discussed elsewhere). Its all too easy to make assumptions and get annoyed at clients when they are just a bit tidderly and enjoying the party. They are more focused on their guests having fun than the "hired help", especially military (whom can be stand-offish at the best of times). I have had a few clients not pay until the last minute this year, and thought, they may try it on, but gave them the benefit of the doubt and the funds have always appeared.

Quite a few though have selected 5 hours on the time and ticked the 4 hours box though, which most of the time is deliberate. check it as a norm now as it was quite easy to miss before, until you get to the month meeting and start planning it.

Good you got it sorted in a professional manner. I once forgot to invoice a client for an all day wedding. The balance was about £800 I think??He was a captain of a posh boat and a lovely guy. I was going to let it go as it was 2 months after the wedding when i found out. He actually contacted me and said "I owe you some money".
    Last edited by yourdj; 04-11-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    The balance was about £800 I think??He was a captain of a posh boat and a lovely guy. I was going to let it go as it was 2 months after the wedding when i found out. He actually contacted me and said "I owe you some money".
    I'm not sure I would be so casual about it. If somebody owed me £50 even 6 months down the line I would still chase the money - it's my money!
    Bit odd but I stopped using a certain PAT company because they took over a month to send me an invoice to tell me how much I owed them. I chased them twice as well, it's as if they didn't want me to pay!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I'm not sure I would be so casual about it. If somebody owed me £50 even 6 months down the line I would still chase the money - it's my money!
    Bit odd but I stopped using a certain PAT company because they took over a month to send me an invoice to tell me how much I owed them. I chased them twice as well, it's as if they didn't want me to pay!
    I have a mechanic like that - he never invoices me despite me asking him too all the time.
    When he does he forgets half of the work he has done.

I felt a bit bad about asking the client as it was my own unprofessionally that made me miss it until 2 months after.
    It wa some time ago and would not happen now although I am still pretty laid back with invoicing and payments etc.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/