Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: a new newbie from Brighton arrives

Default a new newbie from Brighton arrives

Hello all - I'm Matt, I'm new to this forum and I'm re-starting my mobile DJ business in Brighton after doing a couple of little gigs when I used to live elsewhere.

The last gig I played was a little over a year ago, a primary school in Farnborough had their usual DJ cancel on them and put in a panicked request to one of the AmpDJ contact pages asking if anyone could meet their very low budget otherwise they would have to disappoint the kids. I took it, it went well - with a few Valuable Learning Experiences along the way - and I'm delighted that I'm now back up to speed again and able to throw myself at this line of work more seriously.

I am equally happy playing modern chart hits or the retro-cheese material. As a kid, I bought the Mr Blobby cd single - and as an adult I refuse to throw it away!

If you'd like to watch a show-and-tell video of my kit (set up in the garage at the end of a couple of weeks of engineering-time), that's up on youtube right here. I kept myself busy at BPM this year shooting a load of videos.

If anyone has the video of me dancing to Whigfield - Saturday Night in the VIP bar area to get one of those free selfie sticks that ADJ were handing out, please do keep it to yourself!

Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Welcome, and great intro.

Welcome Matthew.

Hello and welcome Matthew. Valuable learning experiences are not confined only to those starting out, believe me.

Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk