Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: New moving heads

Default New moving heads

I have recenly had a rethink on my lighting,i was using 3 pairs of moving heads 1 pair for gobos 1 pair for wash and finaly 1 pair for areial beam effects,what i had been looking for was a pair that would do everthing untill recently nothing came to mind then on visiting palsa i came accross the Chauvet Rouge Hybrid at last one effect that would do all three oprations in one unit,this unit is mega bright 111,000 lux has two prisms 6 and 8 facet two gobo wheels 1 rotating and 1 stactic it also hasa 2.5 to 8 zoom in beam mode and also a zoom mode in spot 5 to 19 all motorized also frost filter again motorized which you can use for wash,i have found there is nothing you cant do with this vestile fixture.On the downside it is quite heavy and is not cheap. Managed to sell off the 6 moving heads so basically a swop for 6 units to two much more features and a much quicker set up time i am well happy.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Is that the mover that goes from one gobo wheel to another by going out of focus from the first and into focus on the second?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Is that the mover that goes from one gobo wheel to another by going out of focus from the first and into focus on the second?
    No not that im aware of,i have all programes on Chauvet 512 express ( many hours) of programing but just a touch of a button so very easy.

They do look brilliant. I suppose at over 2 grand a pop it would depend on what type of gigs your doing?! I would presume you where doing bigger gigs with them than the average bowling club or community centre?!

I used to use mac 250 / 500 when working for MCL and a few other companys doing corporate events, they seemed to be the ind standard. Heavy also! They and the brilliant hybrid you have just bought are a different level of lighting than the ones you pick up in a disco suppliers shop.