Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: First weekend with VDJ8

Default First weekend with VDJ8

After swapping from 7 to 8 over the last couple of weeks I did my first 2 real jobs with it. Both Weddings and both times the software was spot on.

There are a couple of things that some that have been using it a while may be able to help with.

Is there any way to make the key & gain part larger? I don't usually struggle to see things but this info is proper small!
    Also it's annoyingly no longer shown as F# Am etc etc but now as 10B or 7A so need to get my head around that.

I've made the font bigger so easier to read but apparently you can't make the search bar font larger, is that correct?

Next bit I can't find how to do is on the leftside where you have list of sampler, history, playlists etc there's nothing for "genre" where as all the videos I've watched on YouTube have this too. Any ideas how to add it?

It all seems to work well with the MC6000mk1 apart from as in 7 where the on screen sliders don't move, so all good there.

Thanks in advance
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I'm not a vdj user but having the key in 2a 2b 3a 3b is much simpler.

2a - 2a good
    2a - 3a good
    2a - 4a very uplifting
    2a - 5a hmmm
    2a - 2b good
    2a - 3b hmmm

All apply backwards. If your very knowledgeable with you piano then the "old way" can allow it not more creativity though. There is a wheel system somewhere but it's a bit of a beginners guide IMO.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I'm not a vdj user but having the key in 2a 2b 3a 3b is much simpler.

2a - 2a good
    2a - 3a good
    2a - 4a very uplifting
    2a - 5a hmmm
    2a - 2b good
    2a - 3b hmmm
    I'm a 7 user at present, but I've had 8 installed since the early releases and I've just never had the nerve to use it live yet (if it ain't broke....) However, I noticed the above while playing around with it. I'm yet to read the manual, but what does this notation actually mean?

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I noticed the above while playing around with it. I'm yet to read the manual, but what does this notation actually mean?

Julian
    Most tracks have a single musical key. The old way to find what the key of a track would be is to play the track then play each key on a piano to determine which piano key sounded in tune either the track.

Once you know the piano key the track corresponds to you can DJ music like playing a piano. Some notes sound good together and some do not.

Now computer programs do all the hard work for you and you no longer need to sit at a piano. Some people can determine the key without a piano but my ear is not that good!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Most tracks have a single musical key.
    Apart from the real cheesy ones with a key change in time for the last verse.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Apart from the real cheesy ones with a key change in time for the last verse.
    That's the bit where Westlife stand up.

Can we at least attempt to answer the OP before going off topic?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Now computer programs do all the hard work for you and you no longer need to sit at a piano. Some people can determine the key without a piano but my ear is not that good!
    Yeah, I got all that I'm used to seeing Key expressed as C#, B, Eb, etc, how does that 2a, 3b, etc relate to Key?

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Yeah, I got all that I'm used to seeing Key expressed as C#, B, Eb, etc, how does that 2a, 3b, etc relate to Key?

Julian
    It's called a Camelot Wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    It's called a Camelot Wheel.
    Thanks Benny - that makes sense now!

Julian