Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

In my business and my sons ie Western Themed Music, instructed dancing and Rodeo Bulls its a big selling tool and to answer you Peter nowadays it's becoming asked for more frequently here ---especially with Band requests which we don't get involved with much and don't tend to have vids so that makes it easy to say no.

Everyone with a mobile phone seem to expect this kind of technology.

Everyone's got a video haven't they ---er no actually.

I agree watching a bunch of drunks dancing to Come on Eileen or Hi Ho Silver Lining to Black Lace --yes really that's been demanded at my next Wedding might not be conclusive evidence you are THE greatest disco in town 

I have noticed there is a problem with vids in the darkness of a disco which seem to struggle with low light unless you have a pro set up, as opposed to my £80 canon camera, which has actually produced some good results. in good light !

Well after You Tube spent millions on improving their technology and my video for free

If you do go down this route I would get pro help as a poor video is probably worse than none at all and I have seen some very naff ones on web sites and wondered why they bothered.

Luckily I had one shot at a Wedding by a pro ( courtesy of Paul James Disco and Lighting ) and another by a pro at a Wedding ( courtesy of Clive @CRS)

The downside is we have people saying can we come and watch you? Not always possible at private events of course--but that's another thread

I'm not sure if you could publish music on you tube now as such as they have tightened up on the copyright, even blocking some obscure bluegrass tracks which I tried to include on a promo video.

Obviously you would need to publish on your own site which I guess might be expensive and complicated, Marc can advise on that.

My son and I have i have about 50 between us on you tube.

HTH

Best wishes

ALAN
CRAZY K
Peter, as a further post to this, next year I will be majoring video clips at the beginning of my quotes, obviously a lot of people are still price sensitive but in my business
Western Themed Dancing most people dont have videos so if they have the budget we stand more chance of securing the business.

If you are going to get a vid made as well as using some help make sure its in a Hall with decent acoustics.

ALAN