Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do they think we were born yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Lets hope someone doesn’t start playing a ‘wind up the DJ’ game with you then, just get off the phone if you’re not interested, no need to prove how ‘clever’ you are to the poor sods trying to do their job.
    My thoughts exactly.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    The company I met were real people and I saw them at the hotel to be in the brochure.
    I had only just started at the time and they had no interest in how good I was as a DJ. i was doing a good job mind you.
    Whether they had the hotels permission is anyone guess, but I would certainly not be impressed if it was one of my venues.
    Wow! I didn't realise you were so gullible, Toby!

I could easily book a conference or meeting room at a hotel, put in a slideshow or a few banners promoting my "publishing" business and invite people to come and part with their money - money which they will never see again. Just because these sessions are held at the venue they are supposed to promoting doesn't mean a single thing. And these scams appear regularly. I've seen people caught out with fake auctions at prestigious hotel venues. The scam you refer to has been on The Real Hustle before and a variation on this was even on the opening scene of Shooting Fish, one of my favourite British films of all time.

As Marvin Gaye said, believe just half of what you see!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Wow! I didn't realise you were so gullible, Toby!
    I was 10 years ago, although i did not go for it it seemed very real.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Lets hope someone doesn’t start playing a ‘wind up the DJ’ game with you then, just get off the phone if you’re not interested, no need to prove how ‘clever’ you are to the poor sods trying to do their job.
    Not when its the same people / company ringing you back for the tenth time.

Default eir

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Not when its the same people / company ringing you back for the tenth time.
    Some folk just don't update their database on this respect. Chap I know worked for a doible glazing company, and was a very good fitter. The company he worked for often rang to sell him double glazing, and he always arranged an appointment for a rep to call. As you can imagine, he was already fully sorted in this area, and always smiled as the poor rep walked past the bloody great van parked on his driveway, proudly bearing the company logo. They never learnt not to call him.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

The police,ambulance, fire magazine is a scam! Also there is another one to be careful of in which you get a call telling you that a competitor or other business is trying to get a similar domain to yours! They sell you it for £100.when it costs a fiver on 123 reg.

A tip would be to phone and report the calls to the police fraud department as they shall also inform you of others. Plus help to close them down.

The way I deal with marketing company's now is to ask for there name address etc at start of call, inform them that they shall be sent an invoice fir my time being wasted. They normally hang up asap.