Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .......................and rest!

Default .......................and rest!

I know most DJs really look forward to the influx of work that this time of year brings. I just can't bear it though, rude people and drunk idiots (more than normal). I made the decision years ago that I wouldn't take on any new Christmas party clients, and just honour the regular customers that booked every year. I've now got it down to just the one regular clients party this year, and one charity one. So apart from those 2, and a 40th this Saturday, that's me. DONE! Rest and recreation until my next gig on the 6th of February.

Stay safe on the roads over the next few weeks folks, it can get crazy.

......................and rest!

I must say I'm much happier this year with my bookings:

4 weddings, 4 Christmas parties, 1 kids, 1 NYE
    I expect I'll still get a couple more christmas parties last min but compared to last year which was 12 christmas parties and a wedding... It gets a bit boring.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I know most DJs really look forward to the influx of work that this time of year brings. I just can't bear it though, rude people and drunk idiots (more than normal). I made the decision years ago that I wouldn't take on any new Christmas party clients, and just honour the regular customers that booked every year. I've now got it down to just the one regular clients party this year, and one charity one. So apart from those 2, and a 40th this Saturday, that's me. DONE! Rest and recreation until my next gig on the 6th of February.

Stay safe on the roads over the next few weeks folks, it can get crazy.

......................and rest!
    Interesting policy, Shaun. Not overly fiscally prudent, I feel, but interesting nonetheless. This year, I'm pursuing a policy which could be construed as diametrically opposed. Due to a combination of covering for other DJs, and that site young Vectis runs, I have a significant number of functions booked in, comprising birthdays, school Xmas parties ( hopefully not too many beligerent drunks at those ) and adult Xmas parties.
    Compliments of the season Shaun.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Would like to say I envy you, but I actually love Xmas parties and prefer them to other events through the year (including weddings).
    Next year my intention is to do less over the summer, for some reason I am never exceptionally busy in the summer so thought I would take advantage.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I am with you on that Sean. good move if you can afford not to work. I too do not have a lot of patience with rude people as i do 95% weddings and my clients are all generally nice.

I just don't understand how people can be so horrible, especially considering they are often on show in front of their boss or workmates? I do a very nice hotel and even the people at that can be a handful, especially the corporate takeovers. I am lucky though as i do a small party in a nice French restaurant at the front and know most the people who come. Its also a 70's 80's disco themed night so NO NAFF CHRISTMAS MUSIC. 3 this week and 5 next so can't complain - Yay.

Here is a snapshot from last weekend:

Name:  IMG_0781-M.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  113.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0737-M.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  110.3 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 03-12-2015 at 05:06 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I too do not have a lot of patience with rude people as i do 95% weddings and my clients are all generally nice.
    Come and live in my world then Toby. The clients are usually fine, it's their friends and relatives you have to watch for.

Classy pictures by the way. Look a very refined crowd.

I actually booked the 12th off to go to my day job works Xmas do. Other than that had 2 40th, 1 Xmas party and NYE.

Had a late cencellation for tomorrow night so now down to a 40th, a Xmas party and NYE. Quite unusual for me but looking forward to the slower pace.

Did 10 in Oct and 6 in Nov and got 3 for Jan so gonna enjoy a slower month.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I am with you on that Sean. good move if you can afford not to work.
    Can anyone afford not to work? It's just a case of budgeting for the quiet months with the income from the busy months.

I have 4 bottles of Single Malt to help me through the cold December nights.

Can anyone afford not to work? It's just a case of budgeting for the quiet months with the income from the busy months.
    Have you read in The Good Book about the seven fat cows, and the seven thin cows? Seems to me as if you have.

I have 4 bottles of Single Malt to help me through the cold December night.
    And a couple of warm ones as well, I hope.

I know most DJs really look forward to the influx of work that this time of year brings. I just can't bear it though, rude people and drunk idiots (more than normal).
    I don’t do Christmas party bookings, I can’t stand them for the same reasons. I’ll only do a Christmas party if it fits in with my music tastes and it’s for really nice people.

Same with NYE, unless I’m offered one that really appeals to me I won’t bother.

I limit myself to about 40 bookings a year so I can have some weekends off with my other half.