Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equinox RGB Power Batten

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I got them because they are another way of working smarter and doing less if that makes sense?
    They are quite powerful in certain venues and because they are quite big it means using less of the other lights if that makes sense too?

Generally for my uplighting I use the Kam RGB LED Panels which are very bright or the ADJ Megabar 50.
    As I mentioned in my first post - On one of the walls at my main residency I usually use 3 of the Kams which are very powerful in my opinion. The other night I just used 1 of the Equinox and it produced a great spread.

Each to their own and all that. I like them anyway.
    Quite agree, as it happens the Wedding Venue Dance area was a bit strange I worked at, back wall was a massive led backdrop covering whole wall, another wall was painted dark grey --whaaaat? and the other wall was not very big because of a huge window, there was a gap where the fourth wall should be, so not much to up light except the ceiling---PAR BARS to the rescue.

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I have some on order. When I saw them at first, I had no idea what to use them for, but I wasn't going to miss them at that price. Since then, I've got a very specifif purpose in mind, more when I get hold of them.
    Your battens are ready whenever you are Peter
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

I wish I'd seen these before I splurged on the Chauvet WashFX for lighting my booth screen. Ah well. Maybe I'll just have to add a couple of these anyway :-)

I've just acquired a pair of these myself. Like Peter, not quite sure what I was going to do with them (other than possibly lighting the back of the Equinox screen).

Took them out behind that on Friday - impressive, especially with the auto programs.
    Saturday, I thought I'd try out something different and mounted them on the speaker stands (not something I'd normally think of doing other than with the EcoUV's at Halloween). They're not going to light a big venue, but they're certainly a tidy little light which have a lot of brightness for the size of the LEDs.

Tonight, a different configuration. School disco (so Showtec light boxes), and I normally put an Ultrabar on the top (well...it looks a bit like the old 4 way traffic light boxes if you squint a little bit). Tonight, both Power Battens on the top (linked) in one of the Knight-Rider programs they've got....I liked that one a lot

So, for the sake of £120, not a bad couple of lights in my very 'umble opnion.

This coming Saturday is an 80's night so they'll go behind the rig (it's Showtec time again) to provide a little uplighting.

Have had these in stock for a while and they are really good units and like others have said the programs built in are really good