Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

I just joined up after using the site as a resource for kit purchases and running out of 'free' browsing credits

Anyway, I help run a mobile roller disco as DJ and sound supplier, unpaid (apart from fuel and some glowstick sales) I do it for the love of skating and giving something back.
    I offered my service to a couple who were starting out, they had the business knowledge, the time, skates and some transport. I had electrical and sounds knowledge and a fairly decent taste in skating music (so I'm told by our patrons) so I joined them. I now have a pickup full of sound equipment and am getting better and better at mixing dance music.
    Hoping to give a bit back from knowledge gleaned from here and my experience in big halls and to maybe get some knowledge in the lighting area which I need to improve next year.

Carl.

Hi Carl,

Welcome to the MDD forum.

What a coicidence.... you might be the perfect person to offer some advice to another newbie who's looking to start a roller disco and looking for suggestions on this thread - http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...t=roller+disco

Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post

What a coicidence.... you might be the perfect person to offer some advice to another newbie who's looking to start a roller disco and looking for suggestions on this thread - http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...t=roller+disco
    I did actually write quite a long and detailed post of my 2 year journey on a budget, I got a message saying the post was being moderated, hopefully it will be cleared.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post

Beat me to it!

Welcome along Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by drcarlos View Post
    I did actually write quite a long and detailed post of my 2 year journey on a budget, I got a message saying the post was being moderated, hopefully it will be cleared.

Carl.
    Something funny is happening again. You're being modearted more than usual. All approved now, I'll keep an eye open/ pester Shaun.

Meanwhile,
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Something funny is happening again. You're being modearted more than usual. All approved now, I'll keep an eye open/ pester Shaun.

Meanwhile,
    Thanks, also your advice for the double 15 towers is something I'd echo. Filling a large hall with sound is tough and getting it to sound half decent even tougher. My set may not be expensive but they seem to do the job well and seem well matched to my phonic mar4 amp.

Carl