Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Semi retirement - well forced due to Ill Health !

Default Semi retirement - well forced due to Ill Health !

in January this year, I decided to semi retire, mainly due to ill health, that was getting worse n worse.

We only accepted 14 bookings this year, ones we wanted to do and have had a real blast.

On the important side dumping all bookings below £150.00 has been a real boon as actually made a profit this year, and my service bill has been drastically reduced.

Have accepted no xmas bookings thru choice as cant be bothered with the crowds being abusive if I hadnt got a track or wanted one putting on straight away.

My health has improved, Ive lost 8 stone so far this year, but still not very mobil

I will be doing new years eve booking as we enjoy were we are playing, we get no grief from the crowds and the pub owners are brilliant

We have decided once again for 2016 to accept the same number of bookings as 2015 ( already booked) but had to add that I may not be able to forfil as waiting for some barbaric surgery and to have some gall stones removed. I said I would give them as much notice as possible, but they all said they are happy with that

On the plus side, I have had a lot more free time and been able to do loads of jobs that I have been putting off for years.

I was planning on full retirement next year as will be 56 and to old for many genres of music, but the Rock side want me to continue, so I will sorta carry on for a few more years yet

happy xmas all and I hope you all have a happy and profitable new year

Mr Creature
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

I gave up a few years back.
    Gear house 2 car, car 2 venue. venue 2 car, car 2 house was getting too much for me.

I have thought about starting again but this time laptop rather than lots of boxes of CD's.
    Could do with a roadie to help.

Luckily for me most my bookings are in fields so im leave home thursday morning and comeback home sunday or monday

Am down to 1 box of cds now, as on memory stick and use cortex I cant wait till all the music is on memory sick

If im taking the twin gantry lighting rig out wich is 90% of bookings I have 3 roadies who do all the hardwork these days
    Last edited by Creature; 18-12-2015 at 09:38 PM.
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/