Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Room filling light effect

Default Room filling light effect

Seen a few threads about this from a while back but nothing too recent ... so:
    I'm looking into "room filling" effects which aren't too big like the revo lights to be mounted in the middle of a T-bar in this configuration:

PAR - Moving Head - ??ROOM FILLER?? - Moving Head - PAR

Currently I'm looking at either a jellydome or a cluster laser (shudder) which I don't personally mind.
    Really I want a white light and don't care too much for other colours It'll just be used by itself during slow parts in tracks or to simply give a different effect.
    It's got to be DMX, Fill dancefloor (ideally room) and not a huge effect as It's gotta fit in the middle of all those lights.

Having never seen a jellydome I've been interested but not convinced. Are there any better alternatively though?

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I have just bought two of these. They are excellent and at 32w they are very bright and have a 65 degree spread. They work in any of 15 colours including white. The two of them will fill any venue.

http://www.whybuynew.co.uk/lighting-...phase-hp_1.htm

IMHO Jellydomes are very effective at filling large spaces - I much prefer them to the likes of the dotty Revo (though I've yet to see one tamed with DMX) - but they just look cheap. Where domes win over Revos is they give movement to the light rather than a hypnotic concentric shape effect. If there was some kind of fusion of the two, we might have a winner.

The LED moonflowers I've seen just don't have the same kind of throw as a jellydome or Revo type effect - probably something to do with optics & space limitations

People are doubtless going to chime in with "why not get a Wizard type fixture" but they ain't small or light.

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    I have just bought two of these. They are excellent and at 32w they are very bright and have a 65 degree spread. They work in any of 15 colours including white. The two of them will fill any venue.

Look good! Might be a little big for what I'm thinking though. I'll have to measure see what I've got to work with as I want to leave it on the T bar

I have a Jellydome and personally wouldn't recommend it. Not bright enough and unless you DMX it the strobing on the auto programmes come round far too quickly.

I would spent a few more one something like Kam Stratosphere

I've got two Jellydomes and use them at almost every event. I like them because they do cover a room well and they give a good ambient colour glow too (so I don't usually use pars on my bar) and work well on a slow rotate early in the evening. I do think you need two for anything more than a small room as they don't have a huge number of lenses (unlike the stratospheres). I'd also say you need DMX as they tend to strobe a LOT by themselves.

Double derby (mini Kinta) type effects are also good if you're looking at good room coverage from a single light.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

I just bought two quad phase HP's and properly DMX'd they are excellent. Probably pone of the brightest LED cheaper fixtures and i have a white only setting on them as that gets requested from time to time. Great with haze, they fill an average sized room and are not dots. In terms of a cluster laser, I got the blue Lanta one (hard to get hold of now) and the spread is awesome, with a much classier colour than red and green. I just wish they would bring out a bright white cluster, that would be amazing on DMX. On green, i have got rid of all greens and lots of the blood reds from my show now. Personally not a fan of those colours for weddings.

Name:  TOBY-LIGHTING-MK4.3.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  37.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post

Just clicked your link. Good choice wernt they? best lights I have seen for the price. I added wireless DMX also on them, which is really handy.
    Last edited by yourdj; 20-12-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I don't think you can go wrong with a couple of Revo's. Each to their own and all that but when they are linked and controlled properly they are fine.
    The Swarm FX's are good too. They are 3 lights in one and also have the strobe and cluster laser. I don't use the program that has the strobe in it but again, 2 linked together looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Double derby (mini Kinta) type effects are also good if you're looking at good room coverage from a single light
    Thanks for that suggestion - Never really considered those types of lights but it's put me onto the ADJ mini dekker which for £60 and 2x10w LED seems very good value and a nice compact lightweight fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I just bought two quad phase HP's and properly DMX'd they are excellent. Probably pone of the brightest LED cheaper fixtures and i have a white only setting on them as that gets requested from time to time. Great with haze, they fill an average sized room and are not dots. In terms of a cluster laser, I got the blue Lanta one (hard to get hold of now) and the spread is awesome, with a much classier colour than red and green. I just wish they would bring out a bright white cluster, that would be amazing on DMX.

Name:  TOBY-LIGHTING-MK4.3.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  37.2 KB
    Indeed, surprised they've not done it already, maybe mixing RGB lasers together is tricky?
    Do you dismantle that T-Bar? I remember before you've said about putting the whole lot in a case but that seems like it'd need a big old case!
    I have my T-Bar all prewired etc and in a case hence why I want a compact one so it still all fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I don't think you can go wrong with a couple of Revo's. Each to their own and all that but when they are linked and controlled properly they are fine.
    The Swarm FX's are good too. They are 3 lights in one and also have the strobe and cluster laser. I don't use the program that has the strobe in it but again, 2 linked together looks pretty good.
    I like the look of the Revo, for this lightshow I don't think it'd fit well but If I didn't have the moving heads I'd consider them. I'd no doubt spend hours designing stupid pixel mapping images for them though so maybe best I don't buy any!

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Indeed, surprised they've not done it already, maybe mixing RGB lasers together is tricky?
    Do you dismantle that T-Bar? I remember before you've said about putting the whole lot in a case but that seems like it'd need a big old case!
    I have my T-Bar all prewired etc and in a case hence why I want a compact one so it still all fits.
    i think white is a dangerous spectrum and too powerful.

Yes all in a thonn 1.5m case. There is tons more room. Just cut off the ends of the tbar.
    All comes prewired. Just one power cable required so dead easy.

I completely forgot. I have the babies to the quad phase (see below). They are about half the size and still pack a punch.
    My friend has copied me (as usual) and has the same thing but with a smaller spec light - still really good though.
    It filled the Forest Lodge on Friday and Cedar at Careys no problems at all on Saturday.

One is wireless DMX (as per the recent project I put on here) so you can receive a signal and run it through the rest of the lights.

I am currently using them as additional lights for larger venues as you can put them on gthe other side of the room.
    Don't really need them tbh with the venues I do on a regular basis. Just forest hotels and stuff.

Also got a set of tri phases, which are a better spread same brightness plus two mini REVO BURST fixtures. Email me if interested as thats pretty much what has been recommended on this thread, minus the jelly domes, which is a good option also for white? [email protected]

Name:  IMG_0675.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  52.6 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 21-12-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/