Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: SELF ASSESSMENT PROBLEM

Default SELF ASSESSMENT PROBLEM

Just about to do these, my wife and myself.

My wife has been registered for a long time for online returns, tonight cant access her account using the ID and PW thats been used for many years, there is a vague message about down time dated the 24th December HOWEVER I can get my account up which is newer and no trouble.

Any one else having trouble?

Annoying as this is the perfect time to do this job.

Cheers

ALAN
    CRAZY K.

Cant believe this--rang this morning rather busy dont you know--so effectively you cant hold on and wait so F....off and ring back at a more convenient time ( to them )

Wonderful, I guess they will be a lot more helpful if a tax return is not made or tax not paid on time by showering us with threatening letters.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Cant believe this--rang this morning rather busy dont you know--so effectively you cant hold on and wait so F....off and ring back at a more convenient time ( to them )

Wonderful, I guess they will be a lot more helpful if a tax return is not made or tax not paid on time by showering us with threatening letters.
    NOW ASKED ONLINE FOR ANOTHER ID /PASSWORD.

3 days wait, probably quicker that the dog and bone.

WARNING If YOU havent done your tax return yet check you can get access to your ONLINE account BECAUSE OTHERWISE you will have to wait either 3 days by email allegedly or 10 days BY POST.

My wife has been registered for online returns under Self Assessment since 2004 and yet no notification of changes BUT now denied access.

Dont wait until the 30th January to find out

I had a riot doing mine last year. Not even going to start explaining bit it began the same way as your wife's and snowballed.

Long story short I spent a good few month sad arguing back and forward until I got a resolution I was happy with.

Did mine by paper this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I had a riot doing mine last year. Not even going to start explaining bit it began the same way as your wife's and snowballed.

Long story short I spent a good few month sad arguing back and forward until I got a resolution I was happy with.

Did mine by paper this year.
    Thats progress Jim--but not as we know it

Might just as well be in outer space dealing with these people.

The only problem I have is I got a bill for £5,500 last week and don't want to pay it -
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    The only problem I have is I got a bill for £5,500 last week and don't want to pay it -
    Best problem in the world--you must be making money

Get an Accountant ( if you dont have one already)

They often save you money.

Best problem in the world--you must be making money

Get an Accountant ( if you dont have one already)

They often save you money.
    Yes this year will be even more devastating. Been much busier, especially December.
    I need to have a special account for tax as i think i have xxxx in savings and then it takes 3 hits like that a year.

I do have an accountant. My Wife worked for him on and off. i have no idea or care about accounts.
    He is great as he is a friend, good at saving me money but works with the system.

I questioned the payment earlier and he said:
    "You clearly do not understand the process- I suggest you refer to the papers I gave you back in August"

I really can't be bothered to go in my filing cabinet. Marketing is so much more fun.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Just about to do these, my wife and myself.

My wife has been registered for a long time for online returns, tonight cant access her account using the ID and PW thats been used for many years, there is a vague message about down time dated the 24th December HOWEVER I can get my account up which is newer and no trouble.

Any one else having trouble?

Annoying as this is the perfect time to do this job.

Cheers

ALAN
    CRAZY K.
    Finally got there but had to go round the houses

We asked for a new ID and password by submitting the usual routine information.

Three days later email as promised and it said

WHO ARE YOU?.......

Whaaaaaaat have the Inland Revenue totally lost the plot--possibly.

Sooooo then spotted another way which MIGHT HELP SOMEONE OUT THERE.

Apparently you can gain access to the IR by validating your identity through providers chosen by IR.

Experian who have been instrumental in getting my wife coincidentally turned down for a Credit Card only last week seemed a good testing ground.

So with Driving Licence and Passport to hand she went through the hoops on line, but opted not to disclose card details but answer random financial questions.

Then came the nightmare--they asked for the full number of a "current account" starting with 1 and finishing with 8.

Probably you guessed---my wife doesn't have a current account with that number

Not to be deterred (Experian will be getting a complaint MONDAY morning) she then tried that well known
    holder of financial information of the masses --THE POST OFFICE 

They proved ok but had to give them a card number to check--but then a general financial set of questions.

This included--you opened an Account in 2001 -yes 2001 who was it with, multiple choice--luckily between us we just about managed to remember.

Anyway verification followed and my wife just put in her UTR and job done.

Tax return done online, but what's happening at the IR IT department I have no idea.

Hope this might get someone else out of trouble before 31st Jan as long as you can remember what you were doing in 2001

CRAZY K

I vaguely remember their lovely system where you call and they say a few words for a couple of mins then some very polite automated message saying please try again later... ... ... no even later please.... ... ... ...still not late enough... ... ... oh you waited a whole day but you caught us at another busy time try again later... ...

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD