Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Stay with Native Instruments s2 or other

Default Stay with Native Instruments s2 or other

I've used an s2 for almost 3 years and have had no issues as i play in nightclubs that already have mixers.

Using it for mobile work might not seem so ideal possibly. Main reasons being no EQ in on the s2's mic channel .

I've used Serato since day once SL1 box but if i can go mobile with the S2 then that is what i prefer but i just feel i would want EQ for the mic and extra channels.

Is it Pioneer time like the sx etc etc?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    I've used an s2 for almost 3 years and have had no issues as i play in nightclubs that already have mixers.

Using it for mobile work might not seem so ideal possibly. Main reasons being no EQ in on the s2's mic channel .

I've used Serato since day once SL1 box but if i can go mobile with the S2 then that is what i prefer but i just feel i would want EQ for the mic and extra channels.

Is it Pioneer time like the sx etc etc?
    If you're contemplating a new controller but like the S2, why not get an S4 and run the mic through one of the channels?

Default s4

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    If you're contemplating a new controller but like the S2, why not get an S4 and run the mic through one of the channels?
    Yes i guess s4 is ideal as i know it quite well and it works as a standalone mixer if powered via mains.

Yes i guess s4 is ideal as i know it quite well and it works as a standalone mixer if powered via mains.
    It'd work as a mixer but not standalone - it'd need to be plugged into Traktor for it to work as a mixer. If you want a Native Instrument controller that works as a standalone mixer, you'd need the S8 or (possibly, I can't remember for certain) the S5.

Default traktor

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    It'd work as a mixer but not standalone - it'd need to be plugged into Traktor for it to work as a mixer. If you want a Native Instrument controller that works as a standalone mixer, you'd need the S8 or (possibly, I can't remember for certain) the S5.
    I've never had a crash with Traktor to be honest and probably keep the s2 here as a backup as i also have a backup laptop.

I've never had a crash with Traktor to be honest and probably keep the s2 here as a backup as i also have a backup laptop.
    Not too dissimilar to me. I use the S4 MKII as my primary and the S4 MKI as backup.