Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laptop Advice (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    No you can't because the Distance Selling Regulations (DSRs) are no longer in place. They were withdrawn with effect from the 13th June 2014 and were replaced by the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014) which, in turn, sets the Consumer Rights Directive in to UK Law. Quote your rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and you might get somewhere. Quote DSR and you won't.
    You are of course technically correct, but the Consumer Contracts Regulations that are now in force give you the same, if not even greater protection. From a cursory glance at them, the time allowed seems to have been extended to 14 days.
    The distance selling regulations may no longer be the act in force, but mentioning them certainly got me the desired result the week before Christmas when I was faced with an almost identical problem, the scratched and dented laptop I was sent, was replaced with one virtually indistinguishable from new, so it is worth the effort of standing up for your rights.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasPM View Post
    To be honest after reading your responses i think im going to keep it and i am also negotiating with them for a discount i dont have the time to start the returns process as i have a gig on Saturday and im hoping to use the mac book (with my old lap top as a back up)

As a guy who i work with pointed out the scratches along the bottom so no one will ever see it!

I was just worried that the bad workmanship with the missing screws may point to more shoddy workmanship inside the unit!

PS yourDJ would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction so i can buy a case as im struggling to find one?
    I would not worry about it, bet you don't even notice it in a week. As you say its on the bottom. Most annoying when its on the top. Have a look about for cases, but here are a few options. You can often get really good uses ones. Screw kits cost about £1. i would imagine that its been properly cleaned out, so they will have had to get into it, bet everything is where is should be, they are delightful machines to work with, I have added all sorts of bits to mine. As long as you stay away from the mother board, you can fix all sorts of parts on it if you need to.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...p2045573.m1684
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Yer one of my laptops had a big scratch on the bottom. Doesn't bother me, nobody's ever gonna see it... It's a work laptop. Has a tiny dent on the top too but again - don't care who's gonna see it in the dark?

Work computers don't need to be pretty.

Bit like I have no idea why phones keep getting prettier and prettier... Half the people who buy them shove them in a case or put screen protectors on them! And like anyone gives a about what level of detail the aluminum it's made of lol.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD