Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VHF, UHF or 2.4ghz Wireless Microphone

I seem to remember last time we had a post like this it was me asking the questions and I also think it was Mr Excalibur's advice (and one or two others who posted on that thread and this thread also) that led me to purchase a Sennheiser Wireless mic that to be honest I wouldn't like to be without these days in terms of it's reliability and performance. It was not what I would call cheap or even what I set out intending to spend/purchase but it certainly does the job flawlessly (and probably holds a good % of residual value should I ever decide to part with it )

Don't know if that advice helps but it certainly did for me

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    My Kam ones are great range and quality. Great pick up so you talk over it rather than into it, very handy for wedding speeches when it ends up at the speakers crotch.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct...52533776489880

Attachment 17634
    That is very handy - after all, the average person uses a microphone completely incorrectly (usually moving the microphone further away as I push up the volume so they can be heard!)

Quote Originally Posted by dicky View Post
    I seem to remember last time we had a post like this it was me asking the questions and I also think it was Mr Excalibur's advice (and one or two others who posted on that thread and this thread also) that led me to purchase a Sennheiser Wireless mic that to be honest I wouldn't like to be without these days in terms of it's reliability and performance. It was not what I would call cheap or even what I set out intending to spend/purchase but it certainly does the job flawlessly (and probably holds a good % of residual value should I ever decide to part with it )

Don't know if that advice helps but it certainly did for me

Rich
    Which model did you go for in the end Rich? XSW 35?

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Which model did you go for in the end Rich? XSW 35?
    Ahem. The search facility is a wonderful thing, embrace it.

OK, I'm a smartbottom sometimes, but it did come up top of the search results.

And yes, Dicky shelled out for the Senny.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Ahem. The search facility is a wonderful thing, embrace it.

OK, I'm a smartbottom sometimes, but it did come up top of the search results.

And yes, Dicky shelled out for the Senny.
    Yup. Pardon my laziness. I could remember Dicky saying he got the Sennheiser, but not which one. Oooh look, a dealer not too far from me has it and its condenser counterpart in stock, and not badly priced either. D'OH. Only on channel 38.

Edit: Seems GuitarGuitar aren't recommending anyone buys a channel 70 system anymore. They stock either CH38 or 2.4Ghz systems. Now that's a thing, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post

Edit: Seems GuitarGuitar aren't recommending anyone buys a channel 70 system anymore. They stock either CH38 or 2.4Ghz systems. Now that's a thing, isn't it?
    And we can hazard a guess why, can't we?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Which is strange as 4G uses 800Mhz as does channel 70