Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which DJ Booth/Stand

Default Which DJ Booth/Stand

I need a DJ booth/DJ stand for events which will be for less than 200 people.

I cannot justify the XPTS Liteconsole etc and it's too pricey for me as I will essentially be using it once a week to start.

Does anyone use any of the following and how do they rate them? Or can anyone point me to a similar product?

Gorilla DBS Pro.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gorilla-DB...0AAOSwaNBUiG5P

Gorilla Mobile DJ 4ft Disco Stand

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gorilla-Mo...MAAOSwg3FUgwEj

Novopro SDX DJ Booth(seems the best for me?)

https://www.djkit.com/novopro/novopro-sdx-dj-booth.html

Novopro SDX V2

https://www.djkit.com/novopro/novopr...iums-bags.html

I've got the DBS Pro - not a bad bit of kit actually.

It feels flimsy until you get your mixer etc. on top of it, but it's certainly served me well for the past couple of years. Just need to wash the cloth every now and then and it looks as good as new.

Plus, you get a black cloth with it as well. You can use the Equinox star cloth underneath the cloths (just like everyone else). The only downside I've found is using ordinary lights behind it.....the shelf stops the top of the booth from being lit up. I got around this by buying some LED strip and a S2L box, and running the strip around the inside of the frame....sounds tacky but for things like 18th's and 21st's it actually looks quite good.

***edit***
    As with the Equinox booth (they're actually one and the same thing by the way), the bag is absolute rubbish. The zip will go after a couple of outings.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    The zip will go after a couple of outings.
    How did you manage to get it to last that long ?
    The zip on my sons school pencil case is stronger
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I would like something unique, original, young and funky ( probably having a midlife crisis). Not sure what though? I am thinking more of a stylish and sturdy chrome keyboard type stand with shelfs for the equipment and lights incorporated into it. Not a booth as such. Can you picture it?

Default dj booth

It feels flimsy until you get your mixer etc. on top of it, but it's certainly served me well for the past couple of years. Just need to wash the cloth every now and then and it looks as good as new.

Plus, you get a black cloth with it as well. You can use the Equinox star cloth underneath the cloths (just like everyone else). The only downside I've found is using ordinary lights behind it.....the shelf stops the top of the booth from being lit up. I got around this by buying some LED strip and a S2L box, and running the strip around the inside of the frame....sounds tacky but for things like 18th's and 21st's it actually looks quite good.

***edit***
    As with the Equinox booth (they're actually one and the same thing by the way), the bag is absolute rubbish. The zip will go after a couple of outings.

Thanks for the reply.
    Did you get the model with the over head light bar?

I am not sure if i want the overhead light bar or a separate one for my bookings.

Default bag

***edit***
    What bad are you now using then mate?

Yes I got the overhead kit...and I've used it twice

Name:  01e672c0e8c16f232d34ee101717765754c318e333.jpg
Views: 1738
Size:  58.6 KB

(it's a right pain in the to put up in most venues with low ceilings). It's also very heavy (the booth is aluminium, the overhead kit it solid steel...or possibly cast iron....I haven't decided yet!)

That said....the poles are VERY useful for putting Jaguars onto

Name:  01d3203fb3c4c86e20b1d9d28587fc8a6284044bb4.jpg
Views: 1881
Size:  54.7 KB

(and yes Benny....I have now got an elbow connector for the Ultrabar at the bottom so you don't see the wire )

As for the bag...I also have the Equinox Micron booth which by sheer coincidence takes the same sized bag It either goes out in that, or no bag at all
    Last edited by Imagine; 14-01-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Default booth

Any other suggestions lads for a dj booth before i go for the DBS pro?

+1 for the dbs pro
    brilliant bit of kit specially with the overhead gantry add on
    had mine two years now and no signs of changing yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hadyn View Post
    +1 for the dbs pro
    brilliant bit of kit specially with the overhead gantry add on
    had mine two years now and no signs of changing yet?

I'd love an XPS Lite console but for now it will prob be the DBS pro as the only other one i like but can't see anyone else who has one is the Novopro.