Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: How can I delete a post?

Default How can I delete a post?

Looking to find out how to delete or edit a post please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    Looking to find out how to delete or edit a post please.

Thanks
    You can’t delete a post but you do have a short window of time to edit it once it’s been posted, but after that it’s only the Moderators that can edit or delete anything.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    You can’t delete a post but you do have a short window of time to edit it once it’s been posted, but after that it’s only the Moderators that can edit or delete anything.
    This was put into place because a (now banned) certain individual decided it would be fun to go back over his entire posting history deleting & altering his posts, which made entire threads useless or uninteligable
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

If you want a post deleted, and you have a very good reason for it, you can "report" the post (by clicking on the report button under the post - it's an exclamation mark with a triangle round it) and then you can add your comments and reason for wanting it deleted. Personally, I'd be happy to do so if there's a really good reason for it (ie real privacy concerns) and also that it doesn't interfere with the flow of the discussion. If it's simply because you hadn't thought it through properly (and now you realise that it makes you look like a numpty!) then I'd say that isn't a good enough reason and I'd leave it be. Of course, you could make a "reply" to your original post with updated comments a bit like newspapers do when they're correcting errors several issues later.

A rule of thumb when posting any comments anywhere online is this. First, write the post. Then, click the "Preview" button. Then read your comments to make sure they make sense and are written clearly. Then, read your comments again to make sure they don't unintentionally offend anyone that might be reading them. Then, read your comments again to make sure they don't make you sound like a totally numpty. Then, read them a further time for good luck! Once you've done all of this, and you are happy with your post, read it one last time to make sure you haven't missed anything. And if all is well, you can probably get away with hitting the "Send", "Submit" or "Post" button round about now.

This procedure is of my own construction but I strongly believe it should be written in to internet law!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!